No Supplement?

Guest Gary Langman

Guest Ian Stewart
Derek Uzzell said : I can assure you that "they" do (or at least some of them do)<>, but surely you don't expect them to do it 24/7? No, I really wouldn't expect that but I'd expect "someone" to have a look at least once in a 24 hour period. Having said that, none of those who posted about it being missing appear to have lifted a phone to find out what the problem was !!! Me ? I'm not a "supplement junkie" just nosey by nature.

Guest Maureen Smith
Excuse me Ian but if you care to read my messages correctly you will note that I sent an e-mail to the subscriptions dept asking about the supplement! I got a reply the next day saying that they would post one to me.

Guest Maureen Smith
What a ignorant message from Peter Lawton-Harris. If he leads such an interesting life, how is it that he finds it necessary to log onto a motorhome forum page at 08.45 in the morning to read the messages and then leave rude remarks to people who enjoy the pleasures of motorhoming.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Maureen: If you search the forum on "Lawton-Harris" (omitting the quotes) you'll discover that Peter is one of this forum's 'characters' with a cerain style that some might view as aggressive, combative or just plain bloody rude. Me, I like to think of his input as controversial and entertaining. Peter L-H: Glad to see you're still in the land of the living, Peter - perhaps the prayers had a positive effect after all. (It's a joke, so don't start - I'm as much an unbeliever as you!)

Guest Peter Lawton-Harris
Maureen. The fact that you cannot understand my provocative humour is not my problem. Get a sense of proportion. It was after all only a supplement.Not an earthquake. lots of love and XXXXXXX

Derek. Me! an unbeliever? Where ever did you get that idea from ? I must be missing something in Maureen's posting I cannot understand the significance of her comment thatI was up at 8.30 am as though that was a crime of some sorts and shows what a nasty character I am. However she took the bait which was the intent, some folk never realise that when they respond in anger to my letters they are like a fish that takes the bait and then lands on the river bank and into the frying pan. I just love it. How sad I am? I have just discovered that I am one of the underprivelaged I do not have a supplement either. Regards Peter

Guest Ian Stewart
Maureen Smith wrote, "Excuse me Ian but if you care to read my messages correctly you will note that I sent an e-mail to the subscriptions dept asking about the supplement! I got a reply the next day saying that they would post one to me." Please don't take it personally. I wasn't getting at you, there are 15 comments above yours on the lines of, "me too" ! As to P L-H, no supplement either ? Serves you right !

Ian, Supplement missing. Serves me right? Trouble is I don't really know if I am being deprived or blessed. There is so much ho-ha about this supplement I am curious. Is it a collectors item now? Peter

Guest Bill Haylor
I didn't know there was a suppliment offered ! Now Pete's got me real interested, if it only suggests how deprived he may be. Bill

Guest Maureen
Well Peter, we certainly have got off on the wrong foot haven't we!!! I took Derek's advice and read a few of your messages. OK point taken! By the way, "Get a sense of proportion?" Blimey mate you can talk - 9 kids!! Get out in that motorhome. There's lots of fun out there to be had. It's not a garden feature! LOL Maureen.

Maureen, it's nine kids that I KNOW of. Using motorhome ? Yes. It so happens that this Friday the 2nd December I shall be forced into using my motor home full time. Two of these nine children have managed to steal my home and have obtained an eviction order ( it's complicated but they have and they cannot wait for me to die )and I am 77. So it's out on the street again..blimey I used to live on the streets when I ran away from the children's homes in Bradford in the early 40's. It's about time I used it and this is making me get off my rs. I always thought that motor homes were just for spending money on. you mean I can actually use it ? Peter.

PS Maureen Derek Uzzell described my input as"Agressive/Combatative/ and Bloody Rude. I take all these as complimentary. I have the advantage over some of the other contributors. I managed to escape being educated I wasn't allowed to attend school until I was 12 and I left at 13. Cramming I guess? I was five years(1935 to 1940) in an orphanage in Crosthwaite just outside Kendal and we orphans were not allowed to attend the local village school because we were illegitimate. really!!!!!!!!! it must be catching??????? Peter

Guest Derek Uzzell
Peter: No I didn't - I'm much too well-bred and kind hearted to think such things of you. I admit to speculating that others might think them, but I actually said "I like to think of (your) input as controversial and entertaining". Do you want to have one last word and then shall we call it quits on this thread? (I'm sure everyone on the forum wishes you well with the full timing - not an experience anyone of us would wish to be forced into, let alone by their children.)

Derek I wasn't complaining about the comments. Full timing holds lots of apprehension for me at this time. At least it will get me away from all the hastle here. It's a very sordid story of 2 children's greed. Some children have shot their parents to get an early inheritance and that has not happened to me ....YET. Peter

hello peter keep on thinking as positively as you must have done in the past to overcome your many adverse circumstances. at least if they don't know where you are in your motorhome they can't shoot you !! you certainly seem to have had an eventful life.. perhaps you could use this opportunity to write a book ? in anticipation kind regards berti

Thanks Berti and others The BBC have already broadcast, a John Peel programe,a part of my life story and are now compiling a documentary but the problem they have is that this has been and is a life of contiuing unusual events. Who would have thought that at my time of life, 77 and disabled that two of my children would steal my house. It's partly my fault because I just didn't believe that were serious and were scaring me to pay them money and I went into a state of shock. I thought everybodys life was just like mine and I was normal it is only when I draw comparisons that I realise that for some reason my life turned out to be slightly different. Of course with the start I had in this life it had to be going somewhere different. I was born in 1928 in St Monica's Home for waifs and strays and fallen women" to a very young girl who foolishly had become pregnant to a married man and of course he did what most men do, he did a runner. My mother left me in St Monica's home to be adopted but I was not chosen by a new mummy and daddy so my mother took me out of the home and carried on her trade of prostitution in the city of Bradford. Believe it or not my mother carried out her chosen trade and took me along with her( for the ride ?) and in October 1929 she was arrested along with me and I was declared a pauper . I have the pauper records. I have a lovely daughter Lydia(21 and at Uni) who realizing that I was born a pauper seems to be determined that I shall end up a pauper( ha ha), she is doing her best. Can that girl get through money? I just love her to death. I did not meet my mother until I was 14 and she was still plying her trade. I have no problem with this except that she would have been better off if I had been her manager.She made no money and all she made went to the brewers. Suggested business slogan " It's been a business doing pleasure with you ". I was adopted by Bradford City Council under the "Poor Law Act of 1927".Which gave the City Council all parental rights and they didn't even have to tell my mother WHO had adopted me which was themselves. When I eventually met my mother( in the early 1940's) and I later asked her who my father was she said" it's non of your business" I thought at the time " Well! if it's non of my business then whose bloody business is it ? This is a long and probably uiniteresting story ful of unbelievable events as the one I am going through this Friday. EVICTION from my home by my own children. Believe this if you can? In 1935 Bradford City Council who were now my legal parents , my mother had no rights( she wasn't available at that time for she was locked up in a padded cell for "Habitual Prostitution" they certainly knew in those days how to treat girls who had illegitimate children) I was shipped out to Cheshire Council and sent to the Northenden Road School for girls in Sale Cheshire. I remember it well. I was the only boy and they dressed me as a girl. I don't wonder people cannot understand my sense of humour. I am today packing up all my computer equipment so I will only have this site open for the next few hours. My E-mail if anybody can offer the advice I will need is:- lawtonharris@hotmail.com this will be my first fulltiming. Thanks to all those that listened and cared Peter. +

Archived