Cruise Control

Romahomepete

Had Cruise Control fitted to my Romahome Outlook yesterday by Dave Newell at Telford.

A good job at a reasonable price.

Dave lent us a copy of the South Telford Heritage Walk map and we walked to Blists Hill (part of the Ironbridge complex) just over a mile.

We were able to buy an annual passport for visiting with our Tesco vouchers.

A good day out even if a little expensive.

Dave fitted one for us in June and it's much more intuitive than the one built into my SEAT. Highly recommended, as my ankle used to twist much more from the up-right cab seats than it does from the laid-back car position.

Gordon

Looking forward to using ours in 2 weeks time as OH has said he wants me to share the driving to Tuscany this year. :-D Time will tell.....

Last year we went to Lake Garda with a trailer and Smart car behind our 1 day old MH so I wanted him to do all the driving - thought 37ft. long "rig" was more suited to a man. *-) I just navigated, paid tolls, took tickets, translated road signs etc etc - come to think of it "cruising" down the motorways should be easier ;-)

While I respect the views of people liking cruise control,

I have had it on 3 motors and on my goldwing motorcycle, I still have it on our rav and have never realy liked it. I have done some long journeys on all vehicles and always like to feel in total control,and have something to do,ie watch the speed, revs and road signs, Thats only my opinion.

Cheers

w1ntersun - 2008-08-14 8:26 PM

Re the belgium " how do they know "

The engine managment computer keeps a record of all events and can be download and read if the police wanted to.

Richard

I'm surprised that tachographs are still necessary then.

Archived