Baby A class recommendations 3500 kg max

Guest JudgeMental

JudgeMental - 2008-08-20 2:38 PM

Abb - 2008-08-18 9:49 PM

JudgeMental - 2008-08-18 8:53 PM

There are a few seasoned travelers on here who can advise, it may be worth starting a thread on the subject?

But my thoughts are these..... Spain, North Africa for the winter sounds wonderful, but personally I would think weather in Italy/Sicily would be better a little later. I would probably delay start a little and return later after enjoying an Italian spring :-D

Initially we were going Frce,Italy,Sicily,Tunisia.....Then we remembered how cold the winter could be in Italy, so we reversed our plan and decided to go Frce,Spn,Morrocco....getting to Italy Mar/april09.

We need all the help we can get, so I think I'll start a new thread as you suggested...Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

Will have a look at the NEC in October. but as these baby A class vans are a fairly new phenomenon, I will wait till next year to see what else comes out.

The hymer ticks a lot of my boxes, but the limited kitchen, lack of double floor/winterisation plus the aluminium skin kills it for me. But the weight (if correct*-)) @ 2840kg is much better than any other similar van at the moment....

Friends have just returned from southern Italy. They had a thunderstorm with hail the size of golf balls.... it damaged many car roofs and smashed windscreens as well. So I think I will stick to my GRP roof/wall specification

8-)

PS read over on another forum where a chap with a A class hymer was charged over £3000 for a new windscreen and £1900 for a replacement headlight.... *-)

Archived