Aldi's Tevion Satellite dish

I have toyed with buying a Satellite dish for a while and have read many comments about Aldi's dishes and have noticed that my local store has a Tevion in for £60 has any member had any experience with this model.

i have done a search going back 12 months but cannot find anything about the Tevion, it will be only for use in this country.

Terry

Hi Terry, I recently bought the Aldi setup, I found it to be excellent. It is very easy to set up and operate. I have a small reduntant plastic camping table and fix the dish to this with a G cramp.This gives a good steady base. Our first trip after getting this setup was to the outer hebrides and we had a perfect picture as far up as Stornaway with the little dish. The handbook is very good and not too difficult but you have too read it twice! Definitely reccomended.

Regards, Allan.

We bought one and set it up at home in Middlesbrough easily enough but were unable to obtain domestic stations on the one time we've had the chance to try it whilst away (in Peterborough last month).

I'm putting the difficulties down to my inexperience at the moment and will persevere with it when I get the chance.

Graham

P.S. I think Tevion will be the normal brand under which Aldi sell these dishes - seems to be the brand for most of their electronic gear.

Bought the dish together with a Marks & Spencer flat screen TV. Both are terrific value for money and simple to use. Not so sure about the Sat guide meter though. I check out where everyone else is pointing and start at that reference point. Go for it.

Hi,

If this is the camping oufit in a box you are referring to, we got the similar one from Maplins and it works great.

They are mostly made by Comag, ours is model SL65/12, and there is a lot of info on their German website and the UK tv and satellite forums

Sometimes we clamp the dish to the bike rack or use a cheap laser level tripod (modified so it can be pegged down).

The built in signal level beeper works well but doesn't differentiate between the Astra 1 and Astra 2 satellites so if you get German tv turn the dish about 10 degrees further east B-). I also found that the dish needs to be almost vertical.

Steve

Thanks all for your views I have read a few times on the forum that Aldi Sat dishes are good value so I decided just to go for it, snag was that at my local Aldi they just had the empty box on display, so I'am going to have to wait until they get them back in.

i asked the shop assistant why the empty box was still on display and she said " because we get them in regulary "

Terry

Archived