spain in September

horse444

*-) can any-one suggest a nice site in Spain near to beach and fishing,with heated swimming pool we normally go Alicante or Marbella way, but this year had intended to have three weeks at L'Escala but as our departure date has changed from July to September, alot of sites will be closing, open to any suggestions, many thanks. ;-)

Hi Horse444- You could check out the web site of Camping La Siesta at Salou. It stays open till November is a 5min walk to the beach. Cannot comment on the fishing although have seen it being done at the headland there. Its a nice relaxed site with pool, but the town can be a little brash, but does have plenty of watering holes, lol. It will still be hot in September but can have a thunderstorm or two.

*-) Camping Azahar or camping Bonterra, Benicassim ,Spain,my choice would be Azahar although its pool is not open winter time you can use Bonterras for a few pennies and its only a short walk away.As for fishing,Benicassim has miles of beach for fishing,although my friend fished most days during Dec. to april 08 and didn't catch much,they have a fishing contest on the beach there in February during the Fiesta so maybe my friend was using the wrong bait,but my guess would be that because the Spanish virtually hoover the sea for fish and don't appear to throw anything back because of size [witness yourself at the fish markets ] there is very little left in the sea to catch.

Archived