Television positioning in the M/H

libby

Many Motorhome TV's are positioned near roof height. This NOT the best position.

A television should be positioned 10 degrees below normal eye level, such as when at home with the set base positioned 15 - 20 inches from the floor.

A TV positioned at roof level will damage your neck muscles and produce eye strain. Always make arrangements to position the TV lower than eye normal level.

LB

Guest Tracker

......................................or simply only consider a van with a proper height wall or shelf space for a TV and boycott those wot don't - we do!

......................................then rule out those with an uncomfortable lounge!

......................................and then rule out those with no kitchen work surface!

......................................and then rule out those with a narrow or difficult to make or access bed!

.......................................and then rule out those with a tiny washroom!

........................................makes buying a van so much easier because so many fall into the above categories!

We put ours on a folding TV Table, obtainable from Wilkinson at £9.99, it stands between the two cab seats. It's just the right height for viewing from the seats on either side of the hab. area.

In transit the table goes in the wardrobe stuck to a side wall with Velcro.

Phil

Will agree, I found I had the aching neck problem in my Kontiki which has a lovely cupboard and slide-out for the tv at roof height. Tv now sits on shelf below it and the slide out was removed which provided a large storage area for the tv and all the clutter that goes with it. Still not at the best position, but lifes full of compromises

We have a TV cabinet above the fridge/freezer which is OK for short periods.

For longer viewing, we put our LCD TV on the dining table on top of the Sky HD box. I keep a 3 meter length of cable, that we run across the ceiling from the satellite connection in the TV cupboard, to the Sky box.

Watching TV/DVD's on hols is a luxury for us as we seldom get time to relax and just do one thing at home!

The "TV station" in our van was a joke - I can't imagine that the designers of these things have ever used them for real. They must have a very strange anatomy.

Ours has a rear lounge so we sit or half lie facing rearwards with the TV atop the DVD on the central low-level bed lathes box. Very comfy and no stiff necks. At night it just lifts off and lays on the floor under the bed. :-D

Guest Tracker
derek500 - 2008-08-22 9:25 AM

Mike Parke - 2008-08-22 12:05 AM

The best place for a television in a Motorhome?

Leave it at home and enjoy freedom!!

There's always one isn't there!!!

If you can't make a constructive comment, don't bother making one at all.

I am inclined to agree with Mike's tongue in cheek comment.

There is no need for you to be rude now is there Derek?

You are surely not the only one allowed to make inane comments - that's my job!

Archived