Campervanning in Majorca

sailor girl

I asked this a while ago, but am trying again on the offchance someone new will read this and have some information for us!

We're heading off for a year's jaunt round in Europe, leaving in just under two weeks now! We're spending most of the winter in Spain and would really love to go across to Majorca and Minorca. I've spent hours looking things up on the internet and can't find any evidence of anywhere at all that we could stay! There's supposedly one campsite in Majorca, but i've tried to call and the number is defunct. There are also meant to be two in Menorca but one has closed and the other doesn't take pets and we've got a dog.

Has anyone been to Majorca or Menorca in a motorhome, and if so, do you know where we can stay??

Thank you :-)

Liz

Guest JudgeMental
sailor girl - 2008-08-21 8:44 AM

Er...shall I take that as a no then?

liz *-)

you need to be a bit more patient..... it is August, the holiday season, lots are away and you only posted this yesterday *-)

I'll say this though, while waiting some exspurt opinion, Spanish Islands not a popular motorhome destination as expensive to get to and not many sites or facilities. if a must do leave van on mainland and visit without seems to be an idea.

I have approx 100.000 POI on my Sat nav and it could not find one site on Majorca...but I know there are a few.

hi Sailor girl, I asked the same question maybe a month ago, and the relies indicated that no sites, also very expensive and a long crossing from Barcellona. My daughter is just back from Port Pollensa, and whilst travelling the island saw motorhomes(she was in car) but no sites, they just seemed to pull up on vacant space. ;-)

If you want to visit islands in the Med. Why not try Corsica or Sardinia. Both are very popular, there are reasonable ferry crossings ( from Genoa ) and many campsites.

Alternatively just round the bend is the very beautiful Island of Elba.

If you happened to go to Sardinia there are then ferries available to Sicily, my favourite part of Italy, Mount Etna has been performing quite frequently just lately. Then you could cross to the Italian mainland and drive up through Italy via Sorrento, Pompei and Herculaneum, Rome, Florence, Pisa, the Cinque Terre. then the Italian Lakes and Venice.

Phil.

Guest JudgeMental
Philman - 2008-08-21 9:30 PM

If you want to visit islands in the Med. Why not try Corsica or Sardinia. Both are very popular, there are reasonable ferry crossings ( from Genoa ) and many campsites.

Alternatively just round the bend is the very beautiful Island of Elba.

If you happened to go to Sardinia there are then ferries available to Sicily, my favourite part of Italy, Mount Etna has been performing quite frequently just lately. Then you could cross to the Italian mainland and drive up through Italy via Sorrento, Pompei and Herculaneum, Rome, Florence, Pisa, the Cinque Terre. then the Italian Lakes and Venice.

Phil.

Excellent idea, and far more interesting.....

Actually, that sounds lovely! Might do that instead. We were thinking of including Corsica but then I saw a pic on here of the roads and it put me right off! (I'm a bit scared of twisty turny mountain roads with sheer drops!)

Thanks for all these useful replies!

liz

Guest JudgeMental
sailor girl - 2008-08-22 3:08 PM

Actually, that sounds lovely! Might do that instead. We were thinking of including Corsica but then I saw a pic on here of the roads and it put me right off! (I'm a bit scared of twisty turny mountain roads with sheer drops!)

Thanks for all these useful replies!

liz

if you stick to the east coast its fine.....and only a short hop to Sardinia which is lovely s well. IMO a much better destination then Majorca

Archived