Hymer/Brownhills group

crob

Can anyone please throw some light on what's been happening to the Hymer and Brownhills companies? I have been away since May, and I am now being told that BOTH Hymer and Brownhills went into Administration, and that new companies have been formed in June. I thought that both companies were part of the same group anyway?

What effect does this have, if true, on warranties on vehicles and parts bought pre-June? What about the Brownhills extended warranty scheme? I have been told that Hymer is now owned by Brownhills, but other people say not - they are two independant companies. But the Preston telephone switchboard now seems to be calling itself Hymer!

I am a little confused, to say the least. (?)

Guest JudgeMental

Welcome back!

"What effect does this have, if true, on warranties on vehicles and parts bought pre-June? What about the Brownhills extended warranty scheme?"

Have you called them to ask?

This is a very contentious subject.......probably best to use the forum search facility and look over on MHF as there has been a lot of discussion on there as well. There may well be some one here with personal experience I am just glad that I am not one of them...... *-)

good luck!

As I understand it, Brownhills (old) was put into administartion in April as part of the legal arrangements necessary to support a management buyout led by Tom Booth, resulting in Brownhills (new). The new Company has taken over the premises, stock and staff but not the old company's debts. Stocks seem to have reduced and the operation is not quite so expansive (Canterbury has shrunk in size, for example)

Tom Booth undertook to honour deposits to and guarantees by the old company.

In my own case, a Hymer ordered in April before the changes is still on order but I am told its delivery will be delayed by a month or more because of the ownership changes (the new company would have to have persuaded Hymer to continue to supply and would have had to register anew for VAT etc.)

Hymer UK in Preston is still the (sole?) importer of Hymers and remains part of the Brownhills group.

The company has said that it aims to improve customer service, but whether that happens remains to be seen.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Personaly I will never deal with Brownhills now Hymer UK Preston again. After falling victim to some pressure selling at a motorhome show, and putting a deposit on a vehicle without having a test drive.

After having a test drive I found that the vehicle was not suitable for us both to drive. Although they promised a return of our deposit if not satified I am still waiting after 2 weeks and they are totaly ignoring my phone calls emails and letters !!

rosey lee - 2008-08-31 12:39 PM Personaly I will never deal with Brownhills now Hymer UK Preston again. After falling victim to some pressure selling at a motorhome show, and putting a deposit on a vehicle without having a test drive. After having a test drive I found that the vehicle was not suitable for us both to drive. Although they promised a return of our deposit if not satified I am still waiting after 2 weeks and they are totaly ignoring my phone calls emails and letters !!

They're probably too busy developing their website -

http://www.gotheextramile.net/

Interesting how some companies believe their own marketing blurb...

Archived