REFILLABLE GAS BOTTLES.

vindiboy

Canany one tell me where in Hampshire or near where I can go to see and try in my gas locker Gaslow refillable bottles as Iv'e now deceided to go this route,I would like to be able to fit two 11 kg bottles and am loath to buy them and all the necessary bits before seeing them Off the internet ?? (lol)

If you can fit 13kg calor in then you can certainly fit 11kg Gaslow. If you can only get 6kg calor in then probably not. You can always fit two small gaslow and refill more often. 6kg would last us about two weeks and we do all our cooking on gas and heat most of our water on the hob unless we want a shower. As we spend most of our time in the m/h in southern France we don't usually need the blown air heating. By using one small cylinder until empty then switching to the second it would leave you at least ten days to find somewhere to fill up again.

Thanks Mr Grumpy,I can get a 13 kg and a 6 kg calor in the gas locker.I can almost get two 13 kgs in ,thats why I would like to be able to try two 11kg refillables if I could find someone who has them in stock Locally,can't get to any of the shows as we ares oon going to France. :-)

Gaslow prices of the web site: 11kg single refillable cylinder £105. Easy fit stainless steeel hose with propane connector £30 and filler kit with 1.5 m stainless steel hose £60. Total cost £195. Can move the lot from motorhome to motorhome and has a life of 15 years so £13 a year. Would soon get that back and no more lugging bottles. With continental adapters can also use in Europe.

Quite straightforward to fit yourself if you have a holecutter and instructions supplied with the filler kit. Web site: gaslow.co.uk

Archived