French aires & touring sites

John.N

We are planning to take the van over to France (Plymouth/Roscoff) for two or three weeks in September probably ending up in the Pyrenees. I would be grateful for any recommendations of publications listing aires/sites for the journey. If anybody has a recent one which is surplus to their requirements I would be very pleased to purchase it.

Additionally recommendations of touring areas and sites in southern France and the Pyrenees would also be very welcome.

John.N - 2008-08-24 7:03 PM

We are planning to take the van over to France (Plymouth/Roscoff) for two or three weeks in September probably ending up in the Pyrenees. I would be grateful for any recommendations of publications listing aires/sites for the journey. If anybody has a recent one which is surplus to their requirements I would be very pleased to purchase it.

Additionally recommendations of touring areas and sites in southern France and the Pyrenees would also be very welcome.

Hi John,

There's a French Aires guide English http://www.go-motorhoming.co.uk/all-the-aires.htm

It has GPS co ords and it will cost you £14.99 not £16.99 as some people seem to think.

If you don't wish to buy a guide you can download the aires from http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/recherche.php

France is a great country for touring so enjoy your trip.

Regards

Don

Hi John.N Having been to France and used both the English version and the French green Campingcars book We found that the French one won hands down over the English version.More sites better directions. the english one had translations from the french and was a bit iffy.If you are worried about understanding the langauge it soon becomes clear what they are saying, and i'm no linguist. Re:- sites if you get to the bottom of France , Port st. Louis is an excellent place.Just dont be put off by the approach to it as it looks as if you are going into an industrial area, just keep driving towards the town. Also dont be put off by the fact that the Aires is full, it's always like that.go over the bridge and you can park anywhere free.the beach is another 5 km. on and you can park there overnight but the local lads drive their cars down at night and wind up the M.H.ers Anyway have a super time and if you've got time on your way down call in on Chambord in the loire valley and give it my regards.

Mick H.

Archived