Boxer 3 - Deadlocks

dwaviation

There is no mention in the handbook whatsoever of the deadlock facility fitted to my new shape 07 Boxer. I have owned it for 18 months and have just discovered that if you blip the remote once the doors lock, two further quick blips and the deadlocks are engaged - Which means you don't need Heosafes or any other third party lock on your doors as they cannot be opened at all without the remote..

Mine is a no frills van and I didn't know it was fittted - Try it and see!

Is that extended to the conversion as well, or just the chassis doors as per base vehicle?

It would pay to check! Also do remember that if you lose your keys when it is deadlocked you cannot break in!! It will immobilise the internal locking devices which makes it imposible for a recovery technician to use his tools to get in. You can use all the tools you like to press release buttons or pull inside handles and they will do nothing!

Only way of entry then would be to break a window.....and climb through it as you still wouldn't be able to open the door!

just a thought!

Is there no external keyhole?  Our Transit based van has the same dead-locking system, with a keyhole in the driver's door only.  Forget how, but using the key it is possible to release the deadlocks, I think it may be a case of twisting and holding the key for a while to de-activate the system.  However, it is all clearly described in Ford's Transit manual. 

If the bonnet can be released, and the battery disconnected, the locks revert to purely manual operation.  The deadlocking function is electrically activated.

My handbook is rubbish and says press TWICE to engage deadlocks if they are fitted! Mine too is a no fills job, so when deadlocking didn't work I just assumed the option wasn't there.

Surprise, surprise, deadlocking works after all, but it'll only be used when the van is unoccupied!

Thanks dwaviation. :-D

Archived