Solar Panel

Peteco

I have an Autocruise Starburst 2007 and wish to fit a solar panel. The energy management system has a built-in 100w regulator and the wiring diagram in the manual shows the solar panel connected direct to the energy manager. I think the energy manager is the one behind the drivers seat, but I can't identify which are the solar panel connections. Can anybody help possibly by looking at their own van. Many thanks Petco

We have a 2002 Laika Ecovip and our digital control panel is wired up ready for a Solar Panel but every installer that I have spoken to in the UK has said that they would not use this and would use a separate regulator. I think that it is easier to install the separate regulator instead of going through the existing 12volt circuit.

If you can tell us the make and model number of the charge controller fitted to your van we might be better able to give detailed advice. Although its always possible to fit an afterfit solar regulator this is not always the tidiest way to do the job especially if the manufacturere has already provided provision in the wiring and control system to incorporate it. If you can connect the solar panel as the designer intended then your existing instrumentation may well show solar charging current. Afterfit systems would require another meter to provide this feature.

Methinks that the afterfit installers prefer not to use their brains and take the easy route for them.

So, torch, notepad and pen in hand, what name and numbers appear on the various electrical lumps in your van?

C.

This is what I was trying to get across regarding the Uk installers not wanting to go through the existing control panels, I don't think they want to take the risk with all the computerised systems there now are on motorhomes.

I have tried about 8 different installers including Dave Newell and not one of them wants to connect the Solar Panel up the the intended Solar connection on the Control Panel.

Hi Clive you may remember me Peter Cove Lansing Service eng B/stoke retired. Anyway back to the problem Autocruise Energy Management system Module A part no 97910 and another no p/n 99504. The control panel will show solar panel details ie amps etc. I have an afterfit regulator which i can use if its needed but still need connection points.Hope this info is what you need. Many thanks peteco.

Archived