Help needed to unzip POI files please

catinou

Sorry to ask a question which has probably been answered a hundred times already - I'm stuck!!

Yesterday I purchased and downloaded to my laptop, 4 camperstop files for 2008 - they have arrived in .ov2 format but are zipped. I thought I had unzipped them and followed TomTom guidance (we have a 920) but they did not appear on the TomTom.

Does anyone have idiot proof instructions on steps to take to get them on ? We are off to Italy on Friday afternoon and wanted to get organised this weekend, but after spending 3 hours on this already I am falling down.

Any help would be gratefully received.

8-)

i have the same problem, with a TomTom 720. Or do I? They had downloaded successfully last year but earlier this year I purchased a new West Europe Map from TOMTOM on a memory card. I then could not find the Aires POI files, so downloaded again. I cannot see them on the TomTom, unless I connect the Tomtom to my computer and search 'My Computer' and then 'Drive E' ( my TomTom). This shows that the POI's are installed. Does this mean that they will not show on the TomTom screen until I am physically in France? Be interested in any answer.

Sorry guys, cheated a bit and sent Barry a message too - all I can say is:

Barry - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Easy peasy when using your methods (Explorer - took 10 minutes to do and test!) - TomTom Home really fooled me so I went back to my favourite - Explorer..... I was almost there BUT had copied the files into the POI file on TomTom and not the map file. :$

Works like a dream and now, once we find the stop we want, it even shows the page in the book to check it out! Worth every penny / cent of the 12 euros spent yesterday. - Not quite what I said yesterday - something about what a b***** waste of money, whilst OH kept muttering - not to mention time...

Way2Go :-> :-> (lol) :-> :D :D

Archived