German Convoy

vindiboy

Driving through the New Forest today towards Lyndhurst from Beaulieu I encountered a convoy of ten [ I think ] German tractors pulling what can only be described as habitable sheds on trailors,anyone who knows this area will know what a pain in the butt this area is for traffic at the best of times.

The convoy got split up going through Lyndhurst and caused further mayhem and as I was behind the lead Tractor on the road out of Lyndhurst when he pulled up on the pavement I stopped my van behind him to see if he was lost and as I speak a little German I thought I might be able to help ,I did this because when we were in Germany I could not believe how helpfull German people in general were when we needed help,so I thought I should reciprocate .

No were not lost said the leader I have Sat Nav and we are on our way to the Great Dorset Steam Fair ,we shook hands and said farewell,so if you go to the Steam Fair and see a bunch of Germans living in wooden sheds say hello to them and wish them well.

Archived