Spain in Winter

David Dwight

Hi, we have spent january and february in portgal and spain,

portgal is cheeper all round i.e food,drink,diesel,campsites

spain sites go from 8 euroes to 27 euroes (benadorm was dearest) so average 15 euroes per night this included electric. there are some good sites down south to wild camp.

hope this helps chrisy+j

First off, there are not many sites open in Spain in the winter so check first.

Second, they are always more expensive in Spain than in say, France.

£25 is certainly not unusual, and even that price does not guarantee a top class site.

You can get a decent site for about £10-£12 if you book more nights.

I find it best to find out which sites are open, email then for prices or offers, then turn up without booking and have a look round first.

I strongly urge you to consider an ACSI card, this will get you a decent site for 12-14 Euros inluding electric.

You can get one from CC Club Caravan Club etc.

Geoff

Plenty of sites open all year in or near to Benidorm. If this area suits you you could do worse than try Camping Arena Blanca in Benidorm.

Small site, quiet, good security and only about one to one and a half miles from the centre/beach

Guest JudgeMental

Blimey! that looks a hi tech site....

we paid £50 a night in lake garda this summer....whats the cost of this one?

JudgeMental - 2008-08-29 2:43 PM

I would want a share in the site if I was to pay £50 per night. That is an extortionate amount of money. What did you get for that?

Guest JudgeMental
Randonneur - 2008-08-29 3:05 PM

JudgeMental - 2008-08-29 2:43 PM

I would want a share in the site if I was to pay £50 per night. That is an extortionate amount of money. What did you get for that?

http://www.fornella.it/camping.c/p-4/Italiano.htm

It is a very nice site.... The exchange rate does not help, last year it was £35. We have paid the same on top French sites? Ile de Rae was £50. 3 years ago, well before exchange rate hike...good, but not in the same league as Italian site.

I am happy with an Aire or a municipal. But my teenagers are extremely fussy! I love them to bits so indulge them.... unfortunatly only a year or two till they stop coming :-(

We wil then probably return to a more touring based itinerary. If I was retired situation would be different as well, and I would not use toll then either! 8-)

Hi David,

I agree with Geoff, the ACSI card is a must for Spain. Last winter when not wild camping we stayed on some +20 Euro sites for 14 Euro a night.

The Book including Card is only £10.50 , its available at Vicarious Books. I would also recommend the DVD at £8.75 as it makes searching for a site a whole lot easier.

Doonhamer

Guest JudgeMental
Randonneur - 2008-08-29 9:30 PM

Hi Judgemental,

The problem is that when you think you have got rid of them they come back. Moved here and they followed.

The site look great and I can understand why it was so expensive when there are 4 adults it does make a difference.

Ah bless:-D

Yes, times 4 makes a big difference where ever you go......

Just been playing (or trying to) guitar with my 15 year old son. He is a very acomplished and dedicated musican. The thing is I will miss his company and watching them both grow so much.... I need to go and lie down now... its the weather don't you know - nothing to do with cheap but wonderful Italian sparkling wine we brought home.....8-)

Hi judgemental,

Not quite part of the thread but

Great to hear from a fellow member of the " Love my kids family", As my wife said " your children are only loaned to you, you will always be their mum and dad, but you have to earn their friendship". Ours always keep in touch and visit when thay can so I guess we passed the parentig test.

Good luck with your trips, enjoy, and better to spend on the children when you can all enjoy

Regards Mike and Heather :-D

Guest JudgeMental
mike 202 - 2008-08-30 2:04 PM

Hi judgemental,

Not quite part of the thread but

Great to hear from a fellow member of the " Love my kids family", As my wife said " your children are only loaned to you, you will always be their mum and dad, but you have to earn their friendship". Ours always keep in touch and visit when thay can so I guess we passed the parentig test.

Good luck with your trips, enjoy, and better to spend on the children when you can all enjoy

Regards Mike and Heather :-D

Even with the anti depressants your post has made be very weepy......

I have to attend one decapitation and two good old fashioned neck stretching appointments in west Africa on Monday.... must pull myself together before then *-)

patricio - 2008-09-02 11:26 PM

On the new Air in Alfaz del Pi close to Benidorm you pay 12.-€/day but for longer stays they take only 300.-€ (245 pounds)/MONTH. That's more or less 10.-€ (8 pounds) per day.

Includes 6 AMP electricity and free WIFI

Bread delivered daily

Take a look at:

http://www.camperparkcostablanca.com/index_eng.html

B-) I can verify that it is suitable for larger Motorhomes/RV's. ;-)

Archived