External windscreen covers

everhopeful

I use Silverscreens all year round, and I guess Taylor Made will be as effective. I have no problem with internal screen condensation even in winter. I use the screens in summer as much of the heat getting into the van is through the single glazed glass in the windscreen and cab door windows. I find that the screens make a good contribution to keeping the cab area cool. I also put the screens on when the van is in storage, again to keep sunlight out in an attempt to reduce fading of seat fabric with prolonged exposure to sunlight (although I don't think this has been a problem this summer!).

Cheers.

Richard.

THE SHEPHERD - 2008-09-29 11:26 AM

Many thanks, a second battery it is then.

Cheers TS

Good idea as the diesel heating is very heavy on the battery when it fires up and runs and if the voltage drops below about 12.1 (I think - not sure) the system can be very obstructive when you try to relight it!

Ours locked out after three failed attempts and had to be workshop reset which was a real pain in the bum on a cold January Sunday!

Bazza454 - 2008-08-31 9:58 PM

If you have Remis cab door blinds fitted, make sure that you make Taylormade or SilverScreens aware of this. They make the flaps that go inside the cab doors slightly wider to accomodate the blinds.

I've got Remis blinds fitted recently and have not had any problem fitting the Taylormade blinds I already had.

After reading all the above have rushed to the phone and ordered a set of Taylormade covers to go with my Remis blinds.

Lovely lady on the phone very helpful but she did say the non-insulated ones are not

available at present.

I shall probably only use them for storage and extra protection when van is not in so much use during the winter

• 5 weeks later...

Bought and collected an external screen for the new Fiat X250 from Taylormade this week, after reading the posts. Excellent fit and quality with some neat touches (magnets and tie-string eyelet for the door handle). New external facing is said to be a new improved material which resists UV degredation.

As said by others, they are very helpful so I have no complaints, particularly at the price paid.

depends what kind you want, they come in all types of complexity, ours are thin 'solar screens' keeps the van coolish in summer and stops it freezing completely in winter.

big advantage from our point of view is that they fold away to practically nothing - and allow us to leave cab windows open - also don't intrude on the cab living area as much as internal curtains

for prices - try e-bay or just google for taylorMade and silver screens

B-)

I paid £110 for a Taylormade longer length insulated fold-down cover to fit the latest model x250. It's long enough to cover the air intake vent and Jolly good it is too. The standard length ones that stop at the wipers are about £85-90 ish.

This was a couple of months ago so you'd need to ring Taylormade or Silverscreens for a current price. I found Taylormade very helpful and efficient:-D

andy mccord - 2008-10-31 8:15 AM

How much does the external ones cost for a x250 please?

Andy

Andy

Fiamma do a windscreen cover, not the insulating type at approx 1/2 the price of the Silver screens or Taylormade, which I think are insulating.

Google " fiamma screen cover" should find them.

Archived