New to Motorhomes

Rabbs

Hi all

Sorry for the newbie post - I've had a look through the forum and can't see obvious answers.

Couple of questions - can you park a Motorhome anywhere (eg anywhere where there are no overnight parking signs).

We are looking at a Fiat Ace Siena - any one have anything good or bad to say about these

Is there enough water on board for showers etc overnight or do you need to pug into a park for that kind of water supply

Cheers

Rabbs

Rabbs - 2008-08-31 6:33 PM

Hi all

Sorry for the newbie post - I've had a look through the forum and can't see obvious answers.

Couple of questions - can you park a Motorhome anywhere (eg anywhere where there are no overnight parking signs).

We are looking at a Fiat Ace Siena - any one have anything good or bad to say about these

Is there enough water on board for showers etc overnight or do you need to pug into a park for that kind of water supply

Cheers

Rabbs

Generally speaking, I would say no, you can't just park where you like ( in the U.K ), although I have heard that in theory at least it is not illegal.

(I suppose it comes down to common sense - you might get away with it in the Scottish Highlands but not by the A1 !)

You don't normally " plug in " to a water supply. You fill your fresh water tank from a tap ( by hose or some other means) so how much you have on board depends on the size of the tank.

On campsites you can plug in to mains electric, although your leisure battery will probably keep you going for a couple of days without mains.

Most campsites also have toilet waste emptying points.

Camping 'anywhere you like' is referred to as wild camping and this is a lot easier on the continent where they are much more camping friendly.

Rabbs - 2008-08-31 6:33 PM

Hi all

Couple of questions - can you park a Motorhome anywhere (eg anywhere where there are no overnight parking signs)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all welcome to the forum, and the best way to find the answer to your questions is to ask, in England and Wales it is not legal to just park up anywhere - in Scotland it is different and if you park discreetly and safely there is usually no problems. While you are finding out about the different workings of your motorhome it would probably be wise to stay on sites. Regarding water it depends on the size of your on board water tank which you can fill before leaving home. I am not sure about the Ace Siena but hopefully some one else will be able to do so. Carol.

Archived