Where to stop

cheetahdavie

Intend to take full advantage of the fact that Grandchildren are back to School l[God aint 6 weeks a long time?] and me and her indoors have a little time to ourselves.

Did anyone notice that wherever you go that Grandparents were looking after the young?.This didnt happen many years ago..I remember my wifes request for baby sitting to my Mother ,being rebuffed by"you had them,you look after them"

Question..going back to Cornwall,but leaving late,need to stop around the end of the M5 [Exeter?] Does anyone know a site for stopover close to the Motorway,near to the main access to Cornwall...Promise to buy the beer ?In the Car I used to stop on a sevice station just off the M5.kiddies toys and playpen .but in a Motorhome..?

The service stations at bottom of M5 have lots of MH's and caravans stopping in the truck parking, not cheap though, we often stop there, leaving late after work and dinner to let traffic ease then drive till around midnight, not a time many sites would want you to arrive, anougher option is to use truck stops, most are a lot cheaper, we have the book not now availible but there is a online version if anyone can remember address

Hi there

According to the Motorhome Friendly &Unfriendly parking website there is a motorhome stopover on the A38 at Lee Mills just before Plymouth. the web site indicates that lots of m/hs use it. I would have to say that when we down that way last March it looked as if a number of Fair ground lorries were parked up there( No prejudice to fair ground lorries intended)

Anyboby any experience ??

colin - 2008-09-01 9:17 AM

The service stations at bottom of M5 have lots of MH's and caravans stopping in the truck parking, not cheap though, we often stop there, leaving late after work and dinner to let traffic ease then drive till around midnight, not a time many sites would want you to arrive, anougher option is to use truck stops, most are a lot cheaper, we have the book not now availible but there is a online version if anyone can remember address

We have the 2006 edition and there are 2 Truck Stops on your route.

The first one is Morgan's Cafe, Burlescombe, near Tiverton, EX16 7JX. From M5 J27, take A38 for 3 miles. - Free

The second is Antheas Country Cafe, Plusha, Launceston, PL15 7RR. This was £5 per night in 2006. This one is 3 miles outside Launceston on the A30 next to the BP Garage.

Try this link http://www.heavygoodvehicle.com/ it takes you to the online Truck Stop Guige.

Archived