Lake District- will the narrow roads be a problem?

Becky

:-S Rupert, yes obviously I get up and move around the motorhome,we have the motorhome because it was suggested that I tried to avoid flying,I realy dont follow your reasoning, do people sit for four hours and more in the passenger or back seat and not move???????????????, I am aware of seat belt law, but not one that says you cant move whilst motorhome does. Oh dear forgot to lock cupboard, just leave for our journey and let everything fall out. NOT EVERYONE PERFECT.

Becky,

We live in the Lake District, and have had a motorhome for 15years, following a caravan for 25years.

We travel all over Cumbria, with little difficulty, and would suggest with the exception of possibly Hardknott and Honister passes, all places are accessible, considering that HGVs and buses use the main roads daily.

A little planning, to avoid the odd width restrictions will allow you to enjoy our beautiful County, although the more visitors we get, the harder it is for us to find sites for our own weekends :-)

At the moment up at Troutbec on the CCC site. Was on the Oval in Keswick but had to move as the are fully booked. The Keswick site was partially flooded due to the lake rising.

If you are going to Keswick you will need boots and carry ski sticks, no snow yet, but these are part of the uniform. You will also need a dog as I have never seen so many. Seriously the CCC sites are 5****** and easy to get into Keswick.

We travelled up from Clitheroe, which is another 5* CCC site, The roads from Barrow on Furnace are "different" but presented no problems to me and the my Kontiki.

Its a lovely part of the country but it just cant beat the top of Scotland.

Enjoy

Archived