Re article on EFOY generator in latest MMM

Becky

I have had fitted an EFOY after my first experience in my MH when the charging to the leisure battery wasn't working and it was going flat.

Incidentally I told the main Agent where I bought my MH that there was no charge to the leisure battery but I was told I was wrong and not to worry. I had to go back again and prove it to them. At which point they lent me a spare battery to connect if mine went down :-(

It proved to be a blown fuse in the charging circuit which I suggested might be the cause. A mistake; the guys didn't like being told what was wrong by a woman :-( :-(

So, anyway I had an EFOY fitted, the 1600. It gives 5 amps when running and will run for 73.5 hours from a gallon of expensive meths (368 odd amphours / £17 bottle)

To be honest it has proved to be very good indeed. Expensive, but I just switch it to auto and forget about it. Which is far easier than appears to be the case in the article in MMM.

It cuts in when there is a big discharge from the battery, like my laptop being on, or the TV, or both and just runs 'till the battery is 12.8V again. It isn't silent, but is drowned out by ordinary conversation, and has made makes me completely independant of hook-ups. Which is a good thing as most places I have stayed at didn't have any.

I can recommend it wholeheartedly.

It was very expensive, around £2800 fitted. But it is easily removed and would have a good second-hand value when I finally sell up.

I haven't yet quite emptied the first bottle of methanol so it is quite cheap to run.

I considered solar panels, but as I will use a winter cover and it isn't kept at home, the fuel cell has advantages for me.

Archived