Pickering Show - who is going.

Hymer C 9.

Just wondering if any one is going to the Pickering Show there is list over on Chatterbox but I know not every one looks at the threads on there, it would be good to meet up any one who wants to. any one interested just add your name and we are trying to sort something out. Carol.

PS. It has been asked it Don (Madge) is going with the books.

With it being a new show we have to sort out where to meet up. Carol.

We're going to a concert on the Friday night (19th) so can't camp at the show. As we're only 55 miles away we might get there for the day but (for the reasons David mentions) probably not if it stays as wet as recently.

We're going to the NEC in October so can make do with that if it is wet for Pickering.

Graham

Rayjsj - 2008-09-06 7:57 PM

Just seen Pickering on the news with roads turned into rivers and field into lakes, Doubt if it will be happening this year.

looks like we are heading for 2 season years....goes from Winter to Spring straight back to Winter again. :'(

Its being so cheerful keeps you happy isn't it? :-( :-(

D.

tp002c784tp002c784tp - 2008-09-07 7:32 PM

Hi Carol

We are going got to give a new venue a go, we are used to to floating Motorhomes after last years holiday ( good job we can laugh about it now )

TERRY (lol)

Hi Terry, have you looked at the thread on Chatterbox we are all meeting up at Dave Newalls stand at 4pm on Sat. it is always good putting names to faces, look forward to meeting you there. Carol.

Hymer C 9. - 2008-09-07 7:44 PM

tp002c784tp002c784tp - 2008-09-07 7:32 PM

Hi Carol

We are going got to give a new venue a go, we are used to to floating Motorhomes after last years holiday ( good job we can laugh about it now )

TERRY (lol)

Hi Terry, have you looked at the thread on Chatterbox we are all meeting up at Dave Newalls stand at 4pm on Sat. it is always good putting names to faces, look forward to meeting you there. Carol.

Hi Carol

I will be there I met Dave at Peterborough but as I was having goodies fitted I could not hang around long, I think Dave pointed you out but you where Gassing I mean in conversation with someone else

Terry

(lol) (lol)

Hi Terry, we did Sutton bank several years ago in a tired and asthmatic Freight Rover 2.0 litre petrol camper with no real problems (OK so we were down to second gear in places but we made it) so you shouldn't really have a problem. Where in the North are you?

D.

Oops just spotted you're Tyne and wear, need to look at the map now :$ :$ .

tp002c784tp002c784tp - 2008-09-09 8:08 PM

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a route to Pickering from the North avoiding Sutton Bank, I have never travelled up this bank but I have been advised not to

Terry :$

I've only ever driven up Sutton Bank in cars but I don't think I'd have a problem in the van. Caravans are banned and big artics come to grief regularly but otherwise you should be OK.

However, if I were going from home (Middlesbrough) I think I would prefer to go via the A172 and B1257 to Helmsley (for the A170 to Pickering) rather than the A19/Sutton Bank.

From Tyne & Wear I assume you'll be using the A19. Leave the A19 on the A174, south of the Tees Flyover, pick up the A172 after a couple of miles and then just follow the signs for Stokesley and the B1257.

Graham

ROON - 2008-09-10 11:56 AM

Grahm, I am hoping to go after Shepton. Getting adventurous. Look forward to meeting you all.

Hope you enjoy both - as mentioned earlier though we probably won't be at Pickering as we're going to a concert on Friday 19th.

Off to NEC on 14th October though.

Graham

Archived