Swift sundance 630l (2006) - electrical issues

Cyberstud

Hi guys

This is my first posting, new to this game!

I have a stupid question to ask..............where is the leisure battery on a Swift Sundance 630l?? The leisure battery appears to be dead so I need to change it and dont know where it is!!!

I also have a problem with my headlights and hazard lights which do not work. Could the leisure battery affect them?

Of course I'm in Italy and my tools are not!!! :-(

Regards to you all

Cheers

Chris

Chris:

I'd guess that your leisure-battery is beneath one of the cab seats. If it is there and the cab seats have swivels, it may not be easy to spot the battery and you almost certainly won't be able to remove it without first removing the seat + swivel-mechanism. Otherwise, it might be housed in a 'battery box' somewhere - look for a smallish hatch in the floor within a seat-locker, in the wardrobe base, beneath a bed, etc.

Can't think of any obvious reason why your headlights' and hazard-lights' failure to function should have anything to do with the leisure-battery. Much more likely to be a fuse-related problem - check in your vehicle's Fiat handbook for the location of the relevant fuse-box and to identify which fuses protect the headlights and hazard-lights.

Best of luck...

Hi Chris,

On My Swift the battery is located in under the right hand rear seat, it has a black cover over it if you are not sure have a quick grovel underneath the van and look for a battery box sticking down. There is no connection between the the problem you are having with the lights and the leasure battery, but it may be worth checking your wiring harness behind the cab seats under the covering panel I had a serious fault with mine and this could well have effected the lighting wiring and the charging of the battery (interchange August issue) good luck Geoff

Hi

Success, found the leisure battery under a trapdoor in the centre of the van. Thanks for the advice.

I am now trying to purchase a replacement leisure battery, I am told that the leisure battery is different from a normal car battery as it is a slow charge and discharge battery...........do u know if that is correct, I thought it was a standard car battery.........???

Regards

Chris

Leisure batteries are different to car batteries because, as I understand it, they need to provide current at a fairly steady rate over a prolonged period whereas a vehicle battery needs to supply very high current in short bursts (ie for starting).

Any caravan/mh dealer will be able to supply a new battery to replace your existing one either 85 or 110amp for about £45 or £65 respectively.

Hope this helps

little jack

Archived