Two warning triangles query

bob b

I gather that the above is the law in Spain. My query is regarding the positioning / spacing of the triangles.

Common sense dictates that that if one had broken down after a bend, then a triangle would be placed before the bend, and the other

triangle would be positioned a number of metres behind the actual

vehicle.

I ask the question in case Spanish law requires a triangle be positioned fore and aft of the vehicle, for example.....although I can't imagine why.

Found this information on a BMW forum.

"It is a legal requirement for motorists travelling to or transiting Spain to carry two red warning triangles to be placed, in the event of an accident or breakdown, in front of and behind the vehicle. In addition, drivers must have a spare pair of spectacles (if needed for driving), a spare wheel, and a full set of spare bulbs plus the tools to change them. If at any time you have to descend from your vehicle due to accident or breakdown, or whilst awaiting the arrival of the emergency services, it is obligatory to wear a reflective jacket. Failure to do so could result in a heavy fine."

daft as it sounds if you pull a trailer you have to have 3 triangles and place front and back of vehicle and back of the trailer, when traveling over there i have noticed some people even carry a few of those small roadside cones to place to the rear of the outfit in the event of a breakdown

Archived