Dover stop over!

AnnPaul

Dover stop over!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:-D

Due to road works coming out of Dover on the motorway we were directed via Folkstone. At that time we were looking for an over night top as it was getting late. We found are selves near the Harbour/Seafront at Folkstone where we stayed the night. Very quite and restrictions startl 8.00am till 6.00pm. Found this ideal for catching the early boats etc. Much better than Dover.

Got a 4.00am ferry from Dover next Tuesday. Does this mean that it's not possible to park up at the Dover ferry terminal at the moment or just that you made the decision to stay at Folkestone because it looked preferable?

For a 4.00am boat, I think I'd rather be on hand in Dover for preference.

Doug

Doug

Have you ever though of going over the previous evening and sleeping on the Calais ferry car park like lots of us do? Next morning the crossings behind you, you get a good nights sleep, an early and fresh start, the crossings cheap and you've gained a couple of hours in the day.

Maybe for future reference on our return trip last week we parked overnight at the Cite of Europe, as had been suggested by others. Plenty of space and very quiet, especially with the police office being so close. Only 15 mins from ferry so very handy plus you can stock up before heading off.

ike

Doug

You might be surprised on the charge for changing sailings. We've used P&O for years based on their relaxed policy on sailing changes. We rarely keep to the stated sailing times, or dates come to that,, especially coming back. The most we've ever been charged extra is a £10 admin charge for returning at an unbooked peak sailing time. Obviously it might be different with other operators.

Your probably right about changing at the moment though, I should imaging the ferries could ask what they liked.

Archived