Pay as you go Tracker?

skottle

Hi,

I am after a tracker system for my motorhome and have been told you can buy a gps system with sim card. You are supposed to be able to fit yourself and there are no subscription charges. You only pay for the call when in motion or started and to track it from the internet.

I would be very grateful if somebody could let me know where I can buy one.

Thanks in advance.

There was something about this systemon The Caravan Show recently. As this is only a fortnightly programme it may be possible to catch a rfepeat later thsi week or early next week. Sorry, but can't remember the name of the product, but, as always, try "googling" on "tracker systems". I still have four years of airtime on my system otherwise I might have taken more interest.

Good luck.

J

The sim card pay as you go trackers are all very good, and work well.......that is of course unless the vehicle is in a network blackspot! Just like mobile phones, they can lose signal. The police can have difficulties locating a vehicle that they know the exact location of, if you only have a rough idea, it will be of no use!

Try a hard wired tracker. The best i have seem which is real time has none of these faults, and you can track wherever the vehicle is anytime you like. Costs £299 then £120 a year (10 a month). Or it can be fitted free and charged something around £260 a year. Thats from a company called fleet track. Have a good browse, but be aware of the downfalls on some of these systems! Many seem to be mobile phone based, and we all know that they never work when you want them most!

W A S in worcester supplied and fitted mine. Tel no 01905 350515.. You can also stop the engine (When the vehicle is virtually stationary, operate headlights, indicators, horn and monitor the speed and position) When parked up you send a txt, it responds all ok ect. Contacts you if it moves Plus loads more. Price wise been a while and had several bits fitted at the same time.

Archived