christmas markets

kevin hawkins

i am intending to take my wife to the german christmas markets around aachen cologne well she did let me go to the iom to see the motorbikes does anyone know a good campsite its a camper so it needs good toilets and showers for me to keep in her good books and be open in november if there is a cafe i can impress her so much the better come on lads help me out kevin *-)

Hi,

There is a Stelplatz in Aachen which is very good you can walk into town (15/20 min walk) or catch a Bus at the end of the road (5 Min walk) it has electric hookup plus shower and toilet facilities which were very clean the only perhaps downside is there are only 1/2 showers and toilets so you may need to Que, there is a take away cafe on site (well shed) that opens for 1 hour in the morning that sells bread etc. I think its 12 euro including electric hookup, its well sign posted when you get to Aachen

There is also a Stelplatz on the river front at Koln that's quite good again it has electric hookup, but I'm not sure about toilets etc. its a short walk to the tram straight into Koln, there is also a campsite at "Rodenkirchen on Uferstrasse" that's normally open at that time of year the showere etc are very good and there is a restaurant on site albeit it wasn't open when we were there in 2007,

Hope that helps

kevin hawkins - 2008-09-08 9:22 PM

i am intending to take my wife to the german christmas markets around aachen cologne well she did let me go to the iom to see the motorbikes does anyone know a good campsite its a camper so it needs good toilets and showers for me to keep in her good books and be open in november if there is a cafe i can impress her so much the better come on lads help me out kevin *-)

Archived