Beam Benders/ black plastic strips

Bryan Mudge

I have a new Autosleepers, Ascot based on the new Ford Transit and am trying to find out where on the headlamp cluster to place a beam bender/black plastic strip. I have acquired a set of Headlamp protectors and would like to stick this item on the inside for when I go to the Continent. Can anyone help?

1. Place the vehicle on level ground pointing at a wall. Place the beam benders so as to create a level top to the dipped pattern. Job done.

2. Never use black plastic - it absorbs heat and will cause crazing of plastic headlight covers / protectors. Always use white tape which allows light to get through without dazzling and which does not create such a hot spot.

Mel E

====

I have set up a small website giving all the officially supplied Ford information on how to cut and fit masks for the MK7 Transit (the current model).

Our own Transit (an Autosleeper Duetto) has had these masks fitted since January and has recently completed a 5000 mile tour of Norway (lights on all the time).

The material that I have used has come from an AA headlight masking kit and has black plastic on the outside with sticky silver on the inside.

Website address is: http://uk.geocities.com/mk7transit@btinternet.com/

Don't forget to scale up the mask templates when printing them out.

Michael

Archived