Moisture Detector

sundance kid

Professional moisture detectors are very expensive but there are several cheap ones on ebay. I have purchased one for £4.99 plus postage and cost of a pp9 battery. I decided that at the price it was worth the risk.

I don't know how it would compare with a professional unit but it can audibly detect the moisture in the palm of your hand and is very audible on a damp cloth. It does not give a moisture content reading but the four red led's and increase in sound will give a good indication. If you suspect you have a damp problem and want to trace the source or do your own moisture check its a useful item for the price. It could save you a lot of expense if you can detect a damp problem early.

Purchased mine from a seller bluzoathome ( no connection )

Mike

Noted Sundance Kids reply and the price of the unit

£210..mmm

I note most such items are expensive..£210 is expensive to one on a pension? Would it not be a good idea for a number of "Friends" an Area Club..etc etc..to get together and purchase such tools.

I see the problems and admin etc... but ???? It could be a way of ensuring the best equipment

just a thought

Yes the sensor type is expensive but much better than the type with prongs. No pinholes left all over the van. It detects damp to a depth of about one & a half inches in old L.S.D. measurements. Even detects damp in the frames from the out side through alluminium, and gives a % reading as well as sonic warning. I'm lucky I borrow one from my Son-in-Law who uses them in his flood damage repair company. Perhaps you belong to a club, or similar, and you could talk the commitee around to buying one for all to use.

Archived