Never Assume!

Tomo3090

Our last van was a 2007 Peugeot Boxer, our new van is a 2008 Fiat Ducato, different name but with same components? I don't think so!

I kept the light bulb kit we bought when going abroadin the Peugeot , thinking it would be OK for the Ducato, but I went to Halfords today and it is a different pack. So if you have got a Peugeot Boxer kit thinking it will fit your Ducato you will have to spend £18 on a new one.

I only looked on spec and had no idea there could be an issue. Thankfully I found out before we went abroad.

Have you looked at bulbs to see if they are different? Halfords don't always get it right, it would not suprize me to find it was same components in a different pack. I have had problems with Halfords suppling wrong air filter and plug leads for my van. 'computer says'!

Tomo3090 - 2008-09-11 9:08 PM

but I went to Halfords today and it is a different pack. So if you have got a Peugeot Boxer kit thinking it will fit your Ducato you will have to spend £18 on a new one.

As Colin said, check the actual bulbs, not the packet. Halfrauds are very clever at selling identical items for different prices.

There are relatively few bulb designs or fittings, so there is a slight possibility that , maybe one kit contains a coloured indicator bulb, whereas the other will be clear.

Besides that, how many french police have you met, that made you prove each bulb was the correct one.

If it is only a case of the headlamp bulb being a different type, they can be bought separately for a lot less than £18

I did check the package, without opening the seal and the some of the bulbs were a different type, well they seemed to be, and yes there was a different colour indicator bulb. I went back to halfords with the Peugeot pack and because they hadn't been opened they were good enough to swap them, crediting me with the cost, which I put towards them hard wiring in my TomTom cable so it is nice and neat.

Very good customer relations I thought.

Archived