Shepton mallet, have you been????.

Den

Wee'se been - it was OK but it seems to be shrinking every year?

As with most shows the best bits are meeting new people and warning buyers about the perils of Sevel

The ground was OK if you were careful but we did have some entertainment watching several of the inexperienced (and some who should have known better) drive onto what seemed like firm grass without getting out and checking it first only to need the services of several pushers or one of the tractors for extraction.

We parked on hard standing!

We went for the day on Saturday, had a lovely time. Wish I'd nagged him into taking the motorhome. Didn't find one we liked better than the one we've got. It's the first time we've been to the September Shepton Mallet show, we thought it huge compared to the January one.

We were much impressed by the Retro VW camper and all the VW's. So ingenious how they get so much in.

We did our share of spreading the message about the Fiat gearbox, it's not fair to leave people in ignorance about the problems.

It was a great weekend. Missed it last year and glad sun shone. Spent too much again. Loads of vans and time to see them all. Better than NEC as that is too big.

Ended up buying a canoe this time. Ground dried out lovely and brilliant fireworks on Saturday night.

Cheaper to get in than Warners shows too. £25 from Frid on.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Been looking at canoes and want a 2 man type. Which make did you buy? I would be gratefull for any thoughts and recommendations you may have. I want a really sturdy/safe canoe, but will only use it on calm rivers and lakes, definately no white water areas.

Regards Mike

If the 'new improved' global warming summer climate continues a canoe will become an essential bit of kit for emergency use!

Best get one before venturing to Pickering!

Hi Mike,

We always wanted a 2 man canoe for quiet waters! Done white water but now I want to take it leisurely.

We went for an inflatable 1/2 man sea eagle 330 from Spindrift:-

http://www.spindriftltd.co.uk/seaeagle/FORMgallery1.htm

Haven't used it yet but hubby inflated it in 7 mins and its a sturdy piece of kit. We went for inflatable as we can put it under the bed in the van and no need for roof rack etc. Cost us £235 at the show. Someone told us that they had one and that it was really level in the water. He canoes regularly so we went back and spent money again!!!!!!!!!! It has a 3 year guarantee too. You can move the seats around for 1 or 2 people.

They reply quick to e mails so ask them what shows they are attending and take a look.

Chris

Archived