Status antenas

4petedaniel

al n sal - 2008-09-22 7:11 PM

hiya Colin

its an elonex 7" lcd screen free to air digital tv and digital picture frame.

digi radio, slideshow, mp3, usb /cardreader, game, clock calendar. etc

anv in and av out

al

I believe your tv has a 3.5mm av in, if so you need an adaptor cable to conect to satellite, if satellite has component output (round plugs with red,yellow and white plastic) then you need a cable like this

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/PGV5402.html

but check with tv manufacturer first as that is a 4 pole 3.5mm plug, if satellite has scart only, then you can get an adaptor which will give the component red, yellow, white plugs, like below plus cable above (once again if you have 4pole tv socket)

http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/SCART_Adapters.html

al n sal - 2008-09-22 11:01 PM

tried them sorts of adapters no change

al

So now I'm curious, as the tv should have av in, do you know why it didn't work? in theory at least you should be able to select the av in and if connected to av out on satellite reciever you should get picture

couldn't figure it out, the satellite worked fine everytime I connected it to the house tv.

connected it via small jack plug joined to three connectors, in turn connected to a scart adapter, then to small tv and nothing.

on the maplins site there is an adaptor that you apparently connect and this enables the tv to see the satellite picture because it has a digital tuner not an analogue one I suppose. of course this is what I have been led to believe anyway.

the small tv has been boxed and is awaiting a decision. not really sure what to do with it, works fine at home but won't work anywhere there is no digital signal, and I've bought another one now anyway. so on switch over maybe have a spare.

al

Hiya

sorry for the delay in replying had loads of work on since getting back after honeymoon in the van last week.

anyway, figured out the control side of tv, but haven't contacted elonex, now you've mentioned it I should of thought of that really. Doh! :$ (lol)

thanks Colin

I'll let you know how it goes, soon as I get chance.

al

Archived