Pickering show

sooty10

Hi Sooty,

Was up there Monday week for the NFOL show. The ground then was pretty good with just a suspicion of soft ground in some places. The organisers had cleared some 100,000 gallons of water from the site and the site was quite usable, although the organisers had to open up another field across the road as one of the scheduled pitching areas could not be used.

Around 1000 units attended the NFOL and the site was still good when we left on the monday and we were nearly the last to leave, the entrances/exits were still good, stones and hay were laid down to improve the surfaces where necessary.

My guess is the organisers of the Northern Show will use the same procedures to ensure the 'show goes on'.

Regards Terry

sooty10 - 2008-09-15 10:18 AM

Does anyone know the state of the ground at Pickering or even if the show may still be cancelled due to the recent rain.

Still hope to get there.

Sooty10

Hi Sooty, check the thread on Pickering Show on Chatterbox thread quite a bit of infor on there about it. Carol.

Hi. Took a trip today to Pickering to suss it out - having been sick of mud at the York shows in years gone past. Couldn't stop at the actual showground but by the looks of it the ground looks decidedly boggy. About a mile away, a MotoCross event had been cancelled.

Pickering's a lovely little place, but very very busy. What it will be like when the MMM roadshow hits town will be quite something.

Wonder why, when it had to move from York, they didn't opt for somewhere a little more accessible, like the Harrogate Showground.

We won't be going this weekend but hope that those who do will have a ball.

Cheers, Bill

sooty10 - 2008-09-16 10:27 PM

Thanks to all for your replies and I have just noticed the announcement at the top of the page, saying all is well for the show. So we hope to meet some of you on Saturday.

Thanks again Sooty10.

Do bear in mind that the 'announcement' is from the show organisers who may - or may not - be just a teensy weensy bit biased?

Large pinch of salt called for and just be careful how and where you park!

Other than that should be a good weekend?

The KOWshed is loaded and packed ready to roll in the morning - just need to wake up early - and I've even packed my favourite shirt - you remember the one that got some of you so excited earlier in the year!

Archived