Caravan Door Drip Stop

Andy T

My year old motorhome leaks water through the caravan door. I know why, its the screen door hinges that crush the door seal before the door proper has its chance. I have a Fiamma drip stop over the door but in heavy rain the drip stop overflows and because of the wondrous design of the van, chucks water down the door hinges and floods the inside step. The dealers are very helpful but helpless to fix a design fault.

I saw a bigger drip stop at Malvern which might help the situation, but failed to find the name and price. Can anyone help please?

Andy.

Hi Andy- Sorry dont know of a larger drip stop. Would it be possible to fit another drip stop above the one already fitted , to discharge most of the rain water and the lower one may well cope then. If the screen hinges are stopping the door seal from closeing properly, you must be getting a draught around the door, would you consider taking off the screen and hinges to prevent this. Another thing is if you do not have a roll out awning and may be considering fitting one it could perhaps overun the door area and fit a Fiamma awning seal between it and the bodywork. All food for thought. Good Luck chas

Does your door seal ( the black seal that goes all around the opening) have the join at the bottom??. If so take it off put a small amount of sealant all the way round the door opening and refix with the join at the top. Mine use to leak but doing the above fixed it

Hi All,

Thanks for the tips.

I won't bore you with how stupid the screen door hinge design is. Throwing this £75 factory fitted accessory away will fix the leak, but I will try bits of sticky backed sealer from Woolworths before I do this. This is a standard "fit lots of different motorhomes" door, so there must be lots of people out there with wet steps.

A second Fiamma drip stop might help but I will probably just have to keep going to Motorhome shows until I find the bigger section one!

Really appreciate the replies.

Thanks,

Andy.

Archived