Burstner Delphin T680 Sky Window Blowout

G3TRK

I have just returned from a 4 week Trip to France in our 2007 Burstner Delphin t680 Motor Home. This was in the main a very enjoyable holiday. However at the end of the first week we were moving on to a new location when in an absolute deluge of rain the Sky Window measuring 50- inches by 28 inches for no apparent reason blew out of its frame and crashed into the road. fortunately at the time we were only travelling at 30mph on a back road with no other traffic on it, the window was locked down at the time although we had some concerns about the security of two of the fixings which appeared to have moved partially out of there usual location.

Enquiries were eventually made of two Burstner Dealers in the Dijon/St Dizier area looking for a replacement, neither had the part in stock and as the Burstner Factory had closed only the day before for their two weeks annual holiday, they were unable to give us any idea of a delivery date.

Consequently we curtailed our intentions of travelling further south due to the problem in maintaining a seal over the large opening using the only available materials to hand, these consisted of a plastic sheet and Gafa Tape.

The problem being that in the high temperatures we were experiencing, the Gafa Tape Glue tended to melt when travelling due to the heat of the sun and the wind created when moving at anything above 25mph.

We elected to stay in the Alsace region for the next two weeks. (If you have not been there I can highly recommend it, there are many delightful villages along the wine route well worth visiting).

At the suggestion of a fellow UK camper whilst on the Municipal sight at Obanai (A superb well run site) I rang the Burstner factory at Kehl near Strasbourg on their return to work, they were extremely helpful and said that if I could get to their Service Centre in Kehl for 8-00 am the next morning they would see what they could do for us.

We realised when looking at the map that we were in fact only 35km away from the factory in Germany, we duly arrived the following day at the Service Centre for 8-00am. The vehicle was taken in to their workshops. it was confirmed that the correct parts were available and the work would be completed that day under warranty. They then provided us with meal tickets to take to their Bistro where we were fed and supplied with endless cups of tea/coffee.

I cannot praise Burstner enough for their after sales service and the way they dealt with our problem in such an efficient manner. We finally left the Factory Service Centre at 4-00pm with a complete new Sky Window fitted.

I would like to thank Brian and his wife Carol who were on the site at Obanai and would ask them to get in touch with us, I would also like to get in touch with Ray and Leslie who were also on the site at Obanai, I can be contacted at donkitson1@aol.com I know that both parties are members of this Forum.

In short I found the level of service offered by Burstner second to none and for this they get my grateful thanks.

Don & Hilary

So glad you got "sorted" as my son would say! Nothing to do with your Burstner "window blowout" but I would like to give credit to Nicole in Rapido's Technical Dept. When our table came away from the wall while we were staying at Bayeux en route to La Fleche - too many wine bottles? She took endless trouble ringing round to find a dealer close to our route who would repair it for us. We were charged a minimal amount and work done with a smile within half an hour.

Empress

Archived