Northern Motorcaravan Show announcement

Administrator

Well we just got back home from filey after the pickering show , well we will not go again to pickering as the smell from the toilets were too much, we were maybe 4 -5 rows away from them and the smell was so drastic that we had to shut the door to eat or evan watch any tv in the late afternoon, even had comments from two peeps saying they would not venture to another show as it was their first times and they were put off by the dirty conditions of ablutions, advised that this was not the norm other shows we attend every year are good fun and any ways you have your own toilets dont you ?, looks like pickering was not a good starter show for some people. i felt let down this time, it was flooded befor hand yes, but the amenities should have been in hand and cleaned affectivly as the new younger people joining our ranks will deminish fast if they have young children playing around toilet units that smelt as bad as some on the show ground did this show, and last rant it took us 30 mins to walk every time to the shows at night from our van it was a vast distance to the night time shows, vans packed too tight together as well awwwwwww getting mad again, going now folks had my rant >:-(

I attended the show at Pickering, but felt that it was not as good as the previous shows held on the York Race Course, That said I enjoyed it BUT why put the disabled campers in an area where it was a long trek to the Chemical toilet dump and a long walk to the show ground using either of gates C or B. The C&CC were much closer located to the above.

I was also disapointed to see that O,Leary's were absent from the show, I always pay them a visit as they are such a useful source of all the odd bits and bobs we need at sensible prices. I did telephone O,leary's whilst at the show and was told that there had been some sort of disagreement about pitch locations.

I look forward to the next show at the East midlands show ground in 2009.

Why not try to book the Harrogate show ground for the show, it is more central and easier to get to for most people, Plus they have excellent facilities there far and away better than those at Pickering.

Archived