Western Isles do you remember the post

oorgiz

Does anyone remember an excellent post on the Western Isles, it was at least 18 months ago and went in to great detail as to where to go, I think from south to north, I did save it at the time and now can't find it on my pc or in search mode on forum, can anyone help?

We had hoped to go after Pickering show but hols from work couldn't match so we are going to Pickering, home for a week then away to the Isles, hopefully with tips from aforementioned post.

hope to meet some forum members,

Oorgiz (scottish slang equivelent of r kid)

Hi oorgiz try site speak i found a fair bit there or put a search in for outer hebrides as i went there in July lots of wild camping as in some places theres no choice but if posible do ask also the Stobarts did at least two good wright ups in MMM earlier this year P/s if i can help in any way just email me and i hpoe you have a good time as i did :-D :-D

Yes oorgiz,

I have a fistfull of what you want here in one hand and a pint in the other, wait while I sip some more, what do you really want as I've got readings saying Western Isles includes Shetland and Orkney, silly but!!! H

Ge me a clue, are you sailing from Skye on the 9.40am ferry to Tarbet,etc, etc. Where do you want to go,see, and I'll fill in the gapes.

Too much reading here for me to, well, times getting on.

Gordon,

PS, I go south by Broughton/Moffat as Bigger is a pain.. Half hour saved from Edinburgh.

Just returned from the Western Isles. Andy Stothert's article very valuable. Went from Oban to Barra. Parked next to a friend's cottage. Motorhome parking by the community hall on Vatersay (2 miles from causeway). Put a donation in the box. Andy's container and waste skip still at the layby on the west of Barra. Good beach with space for parking at Cleit. Several campers at airport on the beach with water available on the wall of airport building. Best place was Berneray. Chemical disposal & water at the ferry terminal at North end of causeway. Camping at West beach (3 miles long!) possible & at Berneray Giant's monument. Didn't stay there as many cows about. Stayed at East beach near the hostel for 3 nights - magic. I believe there may be a shower at the toilet block in the wee harbour. Useful shop on Berneray. Came back via Skye and Mallaig. Don't miss staying near Arisaig.

Awra best from Bute. If you come this way you can park at Ettrick Bay! Alex's wee cafe is brilliant!! :->

Colin, thankyou very much it is exactly what I was looking for, as I said, I did save it as it looked very informative and having read it again will be a good basis should we need hints & tips.

p.s we're off this Sunday,

thanks again.

oorgiz.

Archived