Aldi "Medion" Sat Nav

AnnPaul

Aldi "Medion" Sat Nav  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aldi have a Medion satnav on offer Thursday 25th Sept at £119.99. Has any body any experience of this model. I note that it comes with a 3 year g/tee, maps of GB,IRE and Western Europe. Free lifetime subscription traffic imfo.etc etc

Will I be able to down load "aires"etc etc ?

Help and advice please!

Guest JudgeMental

I think you will find on here most wil recommened either a Garmin or Tom Tom unit, as these two dominate the market. I prefer Garmin....

Do a "search" and you will see what I mean.

Hi AnnPaul

My advice to you would be to buy a TomTom or other well known make of SatNav.

This is not prejudice on my part as I did buy my second Medion last year, but the result of experience.

If you research on Pocket GPS World you will find many people asking for help with Medion SatNavs and they receive no responses at all. This will not happen with other popular brands.

I have used computers for many years but almost tore my hair out trying to get things together. Although Medion products come with case etc, they do require signing up with POI Warner (for a fee) to get access to POIs. Whether Aires are available I am not so sure, but certainly European POIs are available. I have downloaded British camping sites, English Heritage and National Trust, etc. on my model.

I do prefer the Medion screen of my older European model to newer TomTom 730 but find the lack of support and advice a nightmare. Both are very good at what they do; if you know what you are doing in the case of the Medion.

Joyce

I have the Aldi Medion and get on well with it . For every day use its great and gets going straight away. For getting POIs it was a lot more complex but I have worked it out. Have downloaded cl and cs sites and aires abroad and things like renault garages. Had to subscribe to a website POI Warner/handler in order to download.Can use it for cycling, walking or car but cannot enter if its a lorry etc. Cant seem to enter gps co-ordinates but can enter postcodes , streets and towns. For the price it is worth it but it depends how technical you are when you want to download POIs .

I had to learn that a POI means places of interest.............I was a novice to satnavs I tell you but I use it loads now.

Has traffic management system too and Aldi gauarantee everything

chris

I have a Medion which I bought in 2006. the maps are 2005 and its thus somewhat out of date, but still quite useful in the UK. I bought the French maps last year for, I think, £60. Its not too bad on main roads, although it does like to play with you and take you off on little detours down country lanes for no good reason! However on country roads its hopeless, left turns where there are none being a hot favourite and the Frendh are building new roads which will mean new maps at frequent intervals.

The worst thing about Medion is the customer service, abrupt and unhelpful to put it mildly.

I've just bought a Tomtom. Excellent customer service and mapshare.

Regards,

Andy.

Archived