Wasps getting in!

everhopeful

Tracker - 2008-09-24 7:57 PM

Do you shut the heater air vent off on site?

We always do at night if for no other reason than a blast of cold air comes in when it's windy if you don't!

Just slide the air control to the recirculation position and that will seal off the air flow.

If the little buzzers are anywhere under the bonnet that should stop them from getting in?

No, but I certainly will in future. I'm guessing from what you say that the vent holes may be large enough for a wasp, and the OH now says that they have usually appeared from the front of the van. 8-)

I've some mesh to fit to a few floor vents in that area too, but I wish I could fathom why they would WANT to get in. :'(

Looking more likely to be actually in the air intake for ventilation than under bonnet.

p.s. Also check for missing bung at rear nearside of passenger seat. It is the hole for handbrake cable in LHD. Crawl under neath and look up, if you can, the voids wher covers are fitted behind the doors if coach built.

If they are nesting in chassis they could be getting in where the seat belt reel is located. If you have any nesting, you shoud be able to hear them buzzing.

I've checked the handbrake and chassis bungs and all seems ok. I've had a good listen all over the place and can't hear a thing.

If they are or were hiding somewhere I reckon I'm not going to find them until I fill the van with food!

I've put mesh over some grilles and and now going to see how it goes next time out. If you see a van on a site surrounded by barbed wire with a machine gun staffed by the Army, call in and say hello! 8-)

LOL you will have to see if you can get hold of a stethescope (lol) I can just see you going round listerning! I dont like wasps but I usually am quite good at swatting the blighters, but like you Im worried the dog tries to catch them he does try to catch flies and when I shout Leave he usually does.

Archived