metal storage boxes

THE SHEPHERD

Tracker - 2008-09-24 8:03 PM

Certainly highlights and solves the storage issues of a panel van conversion dunnit!

Not true of course.

Otherwise we would see large boxes on the back of lots of panel van conversions. (Plus, you wouldn't have a problem finding a supplier).

;-)

• 5 months later...
Guest JudgeMental

Just do the math first.......and make sure you know if you have the capacity on your rear axle to carry this, with the weight of estimated content’s as well.

Can’t imagine what this would do to handling.....a low slung box across the width would be better IMO

Guest peter
Thanks for resurecting this thread Shepherd. It gave me a laugh all over again seeing Don's rear mounted garden tool shed. :D (lol)

Hi folks,

Where is the chap that is making the box for you based?- I`m thinking about getting a plastic `garden` box and using that- only non-valuable stuff kept in it, secure lid etc, and collapseable [spelling!!!!] so that when we go on the ferry can remount it t`other side.

Thoughts please.

jeff

ps box I`m thinking of is the Keter Pack and Go box

The box now complete wieghs in at 32K , 5ply inner with Ali outer skin, mounted with bolt head rivetts,on to a stainless steel frame the bolt heads being inside of the box , shelving is flexable for seasonal changes. The unit can be removed and electrics disconnected in twenty minutes, (tested)

The Air ride on the van can adjust for different operational changes, ie long or short trips, or left right ride adjustment. This is not a spur of the moment project, but may well not suit those with limited imagination.

A secure well constucted unit to deter the passing git.

Of course you have to be prepared to spend some money, it depends how much you value your possesions. TS

Guest Tracker

We had a superb rear bumper custom made by CLH Trailers of St Clears (near Carmarthen) and as they make box, and any other, trailers they would be very happy to talk to you about a one off custom made rear storage box - with or without a supporting bumper.

PS The very strong bumper cost £120 including a very fetching cover of high grade aluminium tread plate!

Tracker, Hi

Is that the place that advertise`s on the left just before the turn off for St Clears and the beach [well, mud down at Laurgne [spelling still sucks!!!].

Used to live in Gods place, Cilgerran.

Off down to Carmarthen on Friday to take some dogs back to their owner, just might pop in.

Cheers.

Jeff

Guest Tracker
jeffchef - 2009-03-25 7:50 PM

Tracker, Hi

Is that the place that advertise`s on the left just before the turn off for St Clears and the beach [well, mud down at Laurgne [spelling still sucks!!!].

Used to live in Gods place, Cilgerran.

Off down to Carmarthen on Friday to take some dogs back to their owner, just might pop in.

Cheers.

Jeff

That's the place Jeff - got it one - pop in and have a natter - they are very friendly (unusual for the Welsh! (that's a joke btw)) very knowledgeable and quite laid back.

Tell them I sent you and they will add my 10% commission to your bill!

PS Laugharne!

Archived