dental treatment abroad

Guest berti

hello have any members of our forum had any experiences of dental treatment abroad? my partner has just had a quote from her dentist for £600 minimum for ONE root canal filling and ONE new crown for same tooth ( paying privately) i would class this as extortion !!! also she will have to wait until mid january for her appointment. we are off to france/ spain...benidorm for 3 mths on 7th january so wondered if she would be better to have the work done there. any recommendations / comments will be appreciated. she has just been told that a tv programme on monday night gave details of treatment in poland. again any info will be appreciated. kind regards berti

Guest Don Madge
Hi Berti, I had two caps fitted in Turkey, at half the UK price and the work was completed in one week. I'll be getting some more work done when we are in Turkey Jan - April. My own dentist inspected the caps and she could not fault them. Don

Isn't there a potential problem with your personal insurance,if you go abroad to deliberately have medical treatment ?? I'm almost sure that it has to be declared.Officially.

Guest Don Madge
Graham, I'm visiting Turkey to see the eclipse, I'm not Deliberatly going there to have my teeth fixed. It was pure chance I discovered how cheap the treatment was. I lost a filling checked with the other motorhomers and somedoby knew a good dentist and it went from there. It would be uneconomical to travel to Turkey just to get your teeth fixed. Don

Monday's travel programme on BBC1 had an item on dental treatment in Poland - hugely cheaper. I'm sure details will be on the BBC web site. I recall there was at least one company that organised the whole thing - flights, hotels, etc.

thanks everyone for taking the trouble to reply. graham ..can you explain further regarding the reason you need to inform your insurer? we are not deliberately going for the treatment but the dentist cannot fit in an appointment before we go and we are unwilling to cancel our 3 month holiday. the dental service seems to be in meltdown even with the exorbitant prices being charged. mel... found the article but there is no contact info for the actual holiday company offering the service...may have another try later don.. if you will be there anyway you are simply being practical.. brian.. any further info.. websites , contacts etc kind regards berti

Berti....I have no actual knowledge of the travel insurance implications, it's just one of those things I seem to remember from the past. Best bet is to ask an Insurance company, though NOT the one you are planning to use, if there are any restrictions. My advise is always to have the gums taken out , the teeth are perfect !!! Teeth are one of the Makers worst inventions, they give problems from the cradle to the grave, no to mention the expense !!..Seasons Greetings to ALL

Archived