Full Timing New candidate.

Guest Peter Lawton-Harris

This weekend, Friday the 2nd Dec. I shall be forced into full time motor-homing because I am being evicted from my home of 25 years by two of my children who have legally stolen my house. I am 77 and disabled so life will have its new problems and solutions. I am full of apprehension as this is all new to me and the only way I can look at things is to believe that I have a lot of friends out there that I have yet to meet. Peter.

Guest David Powell
Hi Peter. Sorry to hear you are being forced into full timing like that. You are better off without children like them. It is a sad thing, but this is not the first time this sort of thing has happened. I wish you all the luck and good friends that you deserve.

Yes indeed it is a sad thing to happen. A couple camping near us in Portugal, returned from a trip abroad to find that one of their childern; who was looking after the house had changed the locks. This couple started full timing - Winter in Spain / Portugal > moving North as it became too hot Suth of France > N Italy Just dont know how they got on as far as collecting thier pensions though Go to:- www.motorhomefacts.com Sign in and get registered. Then as your questions - most will be answered for you Best of luck and probably meet up sometime, somewhere

Peter...With lots of kindly motorhomers out there, I would suggest that you put your vehicle type, and number plate, on this site in particular. So, if people see you around they WILL give a special hello to you. Hope and pray that things will work out for you.

After reading some of your epistles in MMM Forum,I believe you are a bit of an old reprobate,thought meant in the nicest possible way !!You obviously could ''write a book''and perhaps should, now that you have more,enforced, time on the road. I still wish you all the best.

Graham just what do you mean you "still wish nme all the best"? Didn't you? What made you change your mind ? Am I just too sweet for words ? Thanks to all Peter. Ps. My vehicle is a Hymer 700s ( an oldie like it's driver) Number YF03 GBB

Guest Brian Kirby
I'm shocked. Are you quite sure it is all legal? I am amazed such a thing can happen without redress. Solicitor, Citizens Advice Bureau, Age Concern? Sorry about the last, I'm running out of ideas for where you may be able to turn for support and advice. Unless you somehow gave the property away, there must be some consideration for its value, surely? Even then, I should have thought it would have to be proved beyond a doubt that you hade done in the knowledge you were making yourself homeless. Please don't just give up, you have far too much at stake. As this is, presumably, your only home, I really thought you couldn't be put out of it these days. Afraid I can't think of anything more constructive! Kindest regards Brian

Guest David Powell
Hello again Peter, I assume you made your home over to your children as deed of gift to save them having to pay inheritance tax? Sorry to say you were too kind. A bit late now but you will no doubt receive your thanks and reward in Heaven. I will watch out for you and your "oldie" as you call it. I am a bit of an oldie myself 74, my 'van is older than your modern job, it's a 'J' reg '91. Holdsworth Ranger, named after Richard Holdsworths railway engine.

Well now; we all should know that "spending the kids inheritance" and 'allowing' them to learn how to cope in life like we all have done or are doing is probably the best advice after all! I feel it is our duty as practising retirees to watch and advise from the sideline of a sunny patch in Spain offering the the children the odd bottle of wine to encourage them!! Best wishes Peter.

To All.. thanks for the input and best wishes. Yes it's legal and I have tried all the avenues suggested. I am now in the process of appealing . More money for the lawyers ? It is something to do with trusts etc but it would appear that the meaning of "trust" does not apply to my children. more details of this mess will be in the magazine of the "Saturday Daily Mail." I have found that all the work I have done in my motor home has more or less paid off. Everything seems to work except I cannot get heat into the bathroom. Never mind I shall just stay dirty. I have my mains tele and "free 2 view" working but have as yet no success with the 12volt tele and free 2 view /DVD set up. I think it pilot trouble really it's all a bit too technical for me. Regards Peter.

Archived