Help, lost wheel trim

gedger

We lost a wheel trim on our Autosleeper Symbol. I thought I would ask here first just in case someone else had lost one and had 3 for sale ;-)

I tried buying a set from Halfords and although the diameter was fine the centre of the wheel stuck out too far and stopped the trim fitting. Halfords couldn't offer any help except to buy another style and seeing if there fit!

Any recommendations for a replacement?

Thanks

Richard

whell_trim.jpg.8f4e452bc5c27e298a74712d7c427628.jpg

Awhile back we lost the same type of trim from our Harmony. I also found that some alternative trims were too shallow so I went to one of the smaller motor factor shops and tried various types and found a set that did fit and were similar in appearnce to the originals. They were also reasonably priced at under £20.

So I suggest you try similar small outlets in your area as they are likely to be helpful and probably will not mind you trying a set if your van is right outside the door.

Richard:

The WT402/WT502 designs shown on the following website look similar to your photo, so might well fit OK. Alternatively, one of the 414/514/614 ranges that are specifically claimed to be suitable for Boxers/Ducatos.

http://www.smoothgrainsolutions.co.uk/wheeltrim.htm

(When you do manage to find replacement trims, it would be wise to use the time-honoured ploy of tethering them to the wheels with cable-ties. At least then your new trims will be unable to make a successful bid for freedom.)

I have two of these in my garage somewhere - they are certainly similar and when I find them I will let you know - and I also have two more that are similar to those!

These are the result of a reprobate Talisman same years ago that shed wheel trims for a pastime just to aggravate me!

Even if they are dissimilar you can always put two the same on either side of the van because nobody can see both sides simultaneously to compare!

You are welcome to have them for the cost of the postage.

Tracker - 2008-09-28 7:16 PM

Even if they are dissimilar you can always put two the same on either side of the van because nobody can see both sides simultaneously to compare!

Thanks, that's very kind, my wheels are 15" in size just to be sure they'll fit.

Richard

Derek Uzzell - 2008-09-28 9:29 AM

Richard:

The WT402/WT502 designs shown on the following website look similar to your photo, so might well fit OK. Alternatively, one of the 414/514/614 ranges that are specifically claimed to be suitable for Boxers/Ducatos.

http://www.smoothgrainsolutions.co.uk/wheeltrim.htm

(When you do manage to find replacement trims, it would be wise to use the time-honoured ploy of tethering them to the wheels with cable-ties. At least then your new trims will be unable to make a successful bid for freedom.)

Thanks, they do look just the same. Cable ties are at the ready!

Richard

gedger - 2008-09-28 7:22 PM

Tracker - 2008-09-28 7:16 PM

Thanks, that's very kind, my wheels are 15" in size just to be sure they'll fit.

Richard

These were off a late Talbot Express and/or an early Boxer and I think they are 14" - I'll try and check for you drekkly.

Archived