Orange Indicator Bulb Replacement

enodreven

Hi,

On my last MOT the chap said that i would need to replace the orange indicator bulbs for the next MOT,

My question is, I purchased some bulbs from either Aldi or Lidl a few months ago that were supposed to be suitable replacements they are made by "Tesla" number PY21W and i haven't tried them yet, but they don't appear to be orange they seem like the glass has a look of oil on water, the light reflects off the bulb, i think they are supposed to change to orange when the power is applied but its quite difficult to replace the bulbs so i would like some advice before i go ahead ?

Has anyone any knowledge of these type of bulb and do you know if they will be acceptable for the MOT as i am trying to book it in for the weekend

Thanks for any advice

If you have clear indicator lens with orange bulb , then the bulb will look orange . The pins for the correct orange bulb you need are at the same distance from the base on each side , but are not set at 180 degrees apart. So if the Aldi supplied bulbs have the pin configuration that are set at 180 (opposite each other) then they are not the correct bulb so you might need a quick trip to Ha*&%6Ds HTSH

Hi,

The bulb doesn't have to be orange, just as long as it flashes orange. I have clear lenses on my vehicles but have put silver bulbs in that flash orange because I think they look better.

What I would advise is to buy a good quality bulb as they do flash white eventually.

Hi, tacr3man

Thanks for the advice

Just checked the ones from Aldi are both the same distance from the base but they aren't 180 degrees apart they are closer on one side than the other so I supose they should fit OK,

Its the colour that was concerning me as they don't look orange when there is no power, i assume that doesn't matter i suppose as long as it glows orange when the power is applied is OK ??? or is it ???

tacr2man - 2008-10-02 7:23 PM

If you have clear indicator lens with orange bulb , then the bulb will look orange . The pins for the correct orange bulb you need are at the same distance from the base on each side , but are not set at 180 degrees apart. So if the Aldi supplied bulbs have the pin configuration that are set at 180 (opposite each other) then they are not the correct bulb so you might need a quick trip to Ha*&%6Ds HTSH

Thanks, tacr2man & skottle

I will replace them tomorrow

Braunston

tacr2man - 2008-10-02 7:48 PM

They, by the pin position would appear to be correct , as stated the exterior colour of the bulb can vary but as long as they flash orange they will comply :-D

Archived