Lidl Satellite - radio reception

snobbyafghan

I'm currently on site in the Camargue region of France and, contrary to my sceptical expectations, getting telly via my crudely mounted and aimed plastic Lidl dish.

However, if I press the button for radio (which is what I want more than telly which is still mainly rubbish wherever you are!), the info bar tells me I'm on Astra 1 (while on telly setting it says Astra 2) and lists a whole load of radio stations, none of which are BBC. What am I doing wrong?

Doug

Hi Doug,

Make sure your dish is aligned for the best possible signal, don't forget the skew of your lnb from vertical a few degrees first clockwise then anticlockwise while looking at the signal bar - then do another automatic scan ;-

Select the menu item, “Automatic scanning” in the “Installation” sub-menu to search a broadcasting station automatically.

Select the satellite for which you would like to execute scanning and mark it by pressing the “OK” key.

By pressing the Vol > key, you go to the “Scan all channels” field or to “Scan for free-to-air channels”.

By pressing the “OK” key you confirm your selection and start the scan.

The newly found programs are added to the program list and saved automatically.

Hope above helps. Regards Terry

Hi Doug,

We used our Lidl/Maplin camping sat receiver to pick up radio 2 and radio 4 all across Europe this summer as they are transmitted on a different beam to BBC tv on the Astra 2 satellite with a larger footprint. We only picked up uk TV as we got nearer to the Dutch German border.

We often just set it up using the audio output phono sockets and a portable battery powered speaker as it remembers the last channel it was receiving when powered up.

The inbuilt signal beeper will beep when you line up with any satellite. I just pressed button 1 and if it was a foreign channel probably on Astra 1 swung the dish about 10 deg further east and found Astra 2

Steve

Terry

Worked a treat - thanks. Now got all BBC radio (as well as the cursed East Enders for the misses).

Libby - not sure what pic you want but here's a pic of just how rustic my satellite set-up is - yet it still worked..!

dw aviation - no - we are at L'Espiguette, near Port Camargue/Grau du Roi. It is one of the few sites open now and good value at the low season rate of €11.44 for 2 with hook-up. However, tomorrow we are off to Carcassonne.

Steve - since doing the autotune recommended by Terry - I've got all the radio I want (Radio 4 and BBC 7 for me and Radio 2 for her..

Doug

DSC00633b.jpg.7744bdb0d2f05f8022b94a716a038475.jpg

Archived