low gas pressure!

carolh

On our trip back up to calais we had a problem with the gas pressure. the first symptom was that the gas water heater would not light, we thought maybe that because we had been on an electric hookup most of the season then there might have been dust on the jets.

then I noticed that the hob flames were not as high as usual, and when I put another one on, the flame in the first went down!

the following day I wanted the grill on, but it just would not light!

We had gaslow bottles fitted last year at York with stainless steel hoses.

We filled up with gas, but only about 5 litres went in before they were full.

the pressure stayed low for a day or two and then seemed to get back to normal? well, the water heater lit and stayed on, but only with no hob alight!

Any suggestions anyone?

the mh is going in for a service and hab check on tuesday and I will mention it then.

carol

carolh - 2008-10-03 2:37 PM

On our trip back up to calais we had a problem with the gas pressure. the first symptom was that the gas water heater would not light, we thought maybe that because we had been on an electric hookup most of the season then there might have been dust on the jets.

then I noticed that the hob flames were not as high as usual, and when I put another one on, the flame in the first went down!

the following day I wanted the grill on, but it just would not light!

We had gaslow bottles fitted last year at York with stainless steel hoses.

We filled up with gas, but only about 5 litres went in before they were full.

the pressure stayed low for a day or two and then seemed to get back to normal? well, the water heater lit and stayed on, but only with no hob alight!

Any suggestions anyone?

the mh is going in for a service and hab check on tuesday and I will mention it then.

carol

Hi Carol

As Colin has said it sounds very much like you have a bunged up regulator, Did you have stainless steel pipes on your Gaslow?, there has been much debate on this forum about the rubber hoses Plastcising and blocking up the regulator, if you turn off your gas and disconnect one of the hoses off your regulator you me see the gunge oozing out of the regulator.

Buy a new one from Gaslow as they are a fraction of the price of the original.

Terry

Hi Carol

Just after getting our IH Tio (nearly three years old) the gas showed just the same symptoms that you describe and, at first, I though it was the gas cylinder running out, as we found out the hose connection was leaking.

When it did it the next trip after fitting a new hose and full gas bottle I suspected it may be the regulator so took it back to the dealer - sure enough a replecement regulator has cured the problem.

Regards, David

Archived