First service due

Jasper

Advice welcome. The first service is due on my Hymer van. As far as I know there are no problems at all. I purchased it from Brownhills Newark (who actually gave good service at the time). Do I take it to the local Motorhome dealer 5 minutes drive but not Hymer dealers, Drive an hour and a half to Newark or make a 3 hour journey to Preston to Hymer UK? I guess there are pros and cons and am leaning towards either Newark or Preston due to the issues about warranty raised on the forum. What I don't know is whether the service at Preston is significantly better than Newark. Anyone with experience of either service dept?

I am aware from previous postings that one or two out there hold vaguely negative views about Brownhills as a whole and don't want to raise blood pressures by starting the whole debate again but I would be interested in experiences of the service depts.

many thanks

Jasper, Hello & welcome.

The official line from Hymer is that it must be Hymer serviced for the warranty to stand.

My advice would be to have the water ingress test carried out as when it's due, also maintain this on a annual basis, so that your 5 year warranty is protected.

Habitation check you can have done maybe at the 2nd anniversary.

This is what we did with our new van earlier in the year, also had this advice confirmed by Hymer (Germany) themselves.

This advice was also confirmed by a company who deal in Hymers & the owner used to work at Maddisons(in Preston) - name of company before it beacme Hymer UK.

If you book in early enough they will lend you a courtesy car for the day, so you can enjoy a day out in nearby Blackpool or somewhere close by in Preston.

Hope this helps.

Thai

Hi Jasper

I have used both Brownills at Newark & Preston

I find the staff at preston much more pleasent to deal with and the last time i had a service carried out i got a hire car with no charge, its handy for a day out to Blackpool from there.

Derrick

Archived