MOROCCO FERRIES

AnnPaul

After visiting the Alps in December we hope to travel through France and Spain and catch a ferry across to Morocco for a month. Can any body help PLEASE with the following info.

1 Where is the best place to cross?

2 Where can we get the best price?

3 What is the rough price for our 7m Rapido?

Paul and Ann

AnnPaul - 2008-10-13 7:30 PM

After visiting the Alps in December we hope to travel through France and Spain and catch a ferry across to Morocco for a month. Can any body help PLEASE with the following info.

1 Where is the best place to cross?

2 Where can we get the best price?

3 What is the rough price for our 7m Rapido?

Paul and Ann

Try this.

http://www.euromer.net/promo.php

Its in French unfortunately. Any difficulty understanding the offer, mail me. Its a retour offer from Algeciras to Ceuta for 240Euros or Algeciras to Tangers and back for 270Euros. It's an open ticket for motorhome of any length or hight. I'm off myselft to Spain in the next 2 week then we cross the water to Morrocco for the month of Dec.

Hi Ann Paul the best way to cross to Morocco is from Algeciras to either Ceuta or Tangier and at junc 112 on the road to the port you will see a Correafour supermarket and behind it you will find Carlos who has a small office there and gives the best prices but when you arrive there you will allways see motorhomes in the Lidel car park just ask and they will keep you right we have been there every winter for the last 7 yrs and will be back this november the return fare last year was 100 euros but this year ? hope this helps you regards

I would be very interested in your Morrocan experiences I was there some 16years ago when I went with my car. I was uncomfortable all the time I was there I was also informed only to use hotels where I could safely leave my car if I hoped to find anything left of it the next day. I also was forced to employ a guide for the first day. We where pestered by beggars all the time. And my car was almost taken to bits by the customs when we decided to leave , and all the roads to the beaches where raised too high for access in a car. But I did like what I did see and if it has improved I would consider taking the MH as I will again returning to Spain soon

Pete

4petedaniel - 2008-10-14 8:12 PM

Hi i have been there for the last 7 winters and will be returning this november and have never come across anything like you describe yes maybe some begging but remember it is a poorer country and the way things are in the uk latley there maybe some beggers spinging up here as well i concider it as safe as spain if not safer anyone i know who has been robed it has happened in spain or france

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be very interested in your Morrocan experiences I was there some 16years ago when I went with my car. I was uncomfortable all the time I was there I was also informed only to use hotels where I could safely leave my car if I hoped to find anything left of it the next day. I also was forced to employ a guide for the first day. We where pestered by beggars all the time. And my car was almost taken to bits by the customs when we decided to leave , and all the roads to the beaches where raised too high for access in a car. But I did like what I did see and if it has improved I would consider taking the MH as I will again returning to Spain soon

Pete

braunston - 2008-10-16 9:35 AM

Comfort insurance will cover you for Morocco with green card and breakdown recovery they also do travel insurance , you can also try direct-travel.co.uk for medical ins

Hi,

We have been looking at heading down to Morocco can you please advise us on insurance (Motorhome/Breakdown/Medical Cover for 30 days) as we seem to be finding it diffecult to arrange full cover for our propose trip.

Braunston

Hi ,

It's ten years since we were in Morocco, we spent three winters there and had a wonderful time.

Comfort Insurance will issue a Green Card for Morocco but be warned the recovery /breakdown cover with the RAC does not operate in Morocco. If you have a problem you sort it out yourself and claim the money back from the RAC when you get back home.

Don

Just back from our October Moroccan Tour...........

Quoted ferry prices for Jan [return] are around 260.00 pounds for Mhome less than 6mts. Be aware that some of the cheap "Offers" are being picked up by the check-in staff.....you loose what you have already paid and have to pay correct price [or more] to continue.....saw 3 Mhome owners caught by this on their return crossing yesterday!

Still no insurance at border.

It should clear by New Year but be aware of unpredictable weather inland [where most solo Mhomes do not go anyway!]. Since mid-Sept the worst rain in over 30 years have left vast areas devastated by floods, from Tetoune in North too Er Racidir/Tinerhir/Zagora in south. Many roads were wrecked and a few key bridges down. Homes gone and over 30 deaths reported. We saw one Mhome [French] on its side due to flash-flood across road on the Essaouira-El Jadida coast road a couple of days ago. Atlantic Coast MWay OK but some mud.

But like I said that lot should be cleared by new year.........If you venture inland during winter months you should seek local and ahead knowledge......With re-routing and scheduling our group missed it all!!!! The good old days of predictable weather [good or bad] have long gone.

But don't be put off, Morocco is a fantastic destination......Just be aware.......We [Desert Detours] are back over there again during Nov and Dec......latest Info/help is free.....Just ask.

Archived