nec show

Brian Peters

We booked early and were there from Monday evening through to Saturday morning camping at the NEC. Blisters for sure but we never saw all of the show. Bus service every 10 minutes or so.

RoadPro. Fiama, CAK, Towsure were amongst the bigger side stands. It LOOKED less because it was spread out more this year. More halls and more space for each stand including Brownhills megastand. Had a long natter with Tom Booth, CEO of Brownhills who came across to me as a genuine business man who is trying his best to turn the firm around and is doing the right things. Outstanding warranty issues had been reduced considerably since he took over I understand. Give the bloke a chance. Traders said that generally things were about "normal" and had not felt any serious recession as yet. So I guess most will be firming up their bookings for the February show. I guess that many are just saying "sod it, spend it now before its worth nothing".

We spent 2.99 on a plastic waste bin for the kitchen scraps at home as the organic recycling bin. (Its emptied into a dustbin of garden waste which gets taken to the dump)

Picked up a few interesting contacts which might result in copy, only time will tell. A few photo,s. Ate far too much!

Best kitchen sink and draining board we found in a new Romahome.

Dussledorf for sure is in another league in many respects.

C.

Archived