Cordoba Site(s)

starvin marvin

Hi Tony,

We stayed at Camping Municipal Brillante in Cordoba some years ago. http://www.campingelbrillante.com

GPS N37 54.02 W4 47.22

City site with good facilities. Within walking distance of the sights of Cordoba very quiet at end October and very pleasant. We stayed here only to visit the Mesquita, the Moorish Mosque, which is indescribable. An essential place to visit.

There is another site Camping Los Villares about five miles north of the city.

Don

Stayed at El Brillante a few weeks ago. I don't know of any others in the city. There are some very small pitches and we were given one alongside a wall. It stank of urine and was very hot. I got us moved to one on the avenue opposite. It was a lot bigger and shaded therefore a completely different experience.

I have a box fitted to the MH which deals with reverse polarity and shows other problems. It indicated an earthing problem on the site so beware. We couldn't use the electric even if we wanted because the box kept buzzing! Facilities are a bit tired but were clean and adequate.

There are restaurants and a Carrefour within walking distance but the Mesquita is not. There is a public car park not too far from the Mesquita and the attendant was very helpful in opening another entrance for us as the ordinary car one was too tight. He also sited us so that we didn't take up 2 spaces and have to pay double. Being a city there is public transport but I can't advise as we didn't use it.

Finally as Don says don't miss the Mesquita. I preferred it to the Alhambra - more atmospheric IMHO.

Hope you enjoy it.

We went to Camping Brillante last November, found it quiet and clean. There is a bus which goes into the centre - the walk is fine one way but not there and back. The receptionist will help you, but the return bus doesn't leave from the same street, ask the receptionist.

I recommend that you spend some time there in the evening as well as daytime. Historice buildings are floodlit and there are lots of people around in the town centre - families with children shopping.

Cordoba was the absolute highlight of our Spanish trip.

Archived