12v electric kettle

silverbike

We bought one recently thinking that it would be useful when not on hook-ups and temporary stops on long journeys. We are very disappointed that it takes at least a quarter of an hour to boil enough water for two cups of tea. The instructions explain that the slow performance is designed to protect the vehicle' electrics but you do not know that until you open the box after returning home which is not a lot of use.

I've had mine for years and I still haven't thrown it away. I hate the fact the cable is stiff in relation to the body of the kettle, so it doesn't stand up straight. I hate how long it takes to boil. But, it has proved very useful on the odd occasion when there's no hook-up and I don't want to turn the gas on.

If I'm specific, my son was at football training for a couple of hours at a time. I was in a car park and took a laptop and DVD to entertain myself. If I wanted a drink, I would crank up the 12v kettle some time before I really needed a cuppa. So, flying solo, I'd say a quarter of an hour before boiling and double that if my wife decided to join me.

Shaun

Archived